jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Does AdSense Really Pay?

1. stevemark122000 profile image80
    stevemark122000posted 8 years ago

I have never used AdSense. Any testimonials? Any good hubs written on the subject?

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This hub about Adsense will give you an overview.

stevemark122000posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link.

2. goldendragon profile image60
      goldendragonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Several hubs have been written about Adsense.  This Hub about Adsense I found most interesting.

Thanks for the link. The hub answered my questions.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

There are lots of threads on this subject in circulation around here already (a recent example).  You'll find very different results throughout the HubPages community, depending on traffic, tenure, and subject matter.  Some people make a few cents a month, some make a few dollars, some make a few hundred dollars, so testimonies vary, but my own is this: after about a year as a hubber, in March I broke the landmark of $1000 in a single month.  I'm pretty pleased with that figure, and expect to see it continue to grow.

So persistence is the key. I have been finding that to be the case in all my online marketing pursuits. Thanks, that was very helpful.

3. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

Wow, Maddie, that is unbelievable, and very inspiring. (But I believe you, of course.) Your Adsense income just continued to multiply exponentially, it seems. That is just Adsense figures, right?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, what I quoted above was AdSense alone.  I make a few hundred a month on Amazon and EBay, but that's much more variable.  Some months I'll make more on Amazon/Ebay, some months, barely anything.

1. Angela Harris profile image75
        Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Maddie, for responding and for the inspiration. Some days I really need it!

4. Paper Money profile image61
    Paper Moneyposted 8 years ago

I've been on Hub pages for a while and it has taken me just as long to understand how it works. Yes the results vary and my figures on hubpages vs adsense are pretty grim at the moment. Why? don;t write enough, traffic is not so great and participation is also not as much as it should be. If you want to succeed then my humble advice is write more, on great topics, paprticipate on hubpages, read other hubs, become a fan of other hubbers, build a network of friends and bring traffic to your hubs. Over time things will change.

Yes, I need to get going on my next hub. Thanks for your response.

5. spuds profile image18
    spudsposted 8 years ago

You sure can make money with adsense, here at hubpages and elsewhere. As others have said, you need persistance. Success won't come overnight. I find my earnings have had a slow but steady increase ever since I started.

1. Angela Harris profile image75
      Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

So true. As with most things, slow and steady wins the race. I don't have anywhere close to the success that Maddie has experienced and we've been here for roughly the same amount of time. However, I am pleased with Hubpages so far and I can really see income potential here if a person doesn't give up too soon.

working