jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do Affiliate Links Lower Search Engine Ranking?

1. DCnews profile image60
    DCnewsposted 6 years ago

Do affiliate links from clickbank or commission junction lower your search engine rankings on your hubs?

Also, do they bring down your hubscore?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No and no.  Just remember that you can't have more than two links to the same website on a Hub. 

If you link to two different products on Clickbank, they both count as the same website.

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Maximum two per hub I think.

Do they lower SERPS? I don't know, but probably not, I don't see a problem with affiliate links in high quality content. I would rather Google made a judgement on the quality of the content, affiliate links can be very respectfully used in very informative articles, I have numerous examples of very credible websites who use such techniques.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The number of links on a page can lower SERPs, and PR, but only if you really spam out.  The majority of articles and reliable resources say you should not have more than a hundred do follow links leading out from any given webpage. most websites never even get close to this, and I sincerely doubt you have anything to worry about, especially with Hubpages rules!

4. DCnews profile image60
    DCnewsposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone.  That is very helpful.  And I highly respect each one of you so I know I can trust you guys.