jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Still having trouble opening Ebay affiliates account

1. barryrutherford profile image33
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

Any Ideas ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Buy a domain name, get it hosted and create your own website.  That's the only way to get approved.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lrohoner has several well established ranked sites and still did not get approved last I heard from her.

2. Mr Nice profile image68
      Mr Niceposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Please visit my hub for detailed info "STOP SENDING FREE TRAFFIC TO EBAY YOU WILL NOT GET PAID PLEASE READ"

<link snipped, no promotional links>

2. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

you need your own domains

3. Ladybird33 profile image64
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

I have been here 11 months and they still have not approved me...so I am with Barry, have no clue what to do.

4. sunforged profile image72

they have no need for hubbers - you have to be a site owner to be accepted. then you can use that id here at hubs.

So I stick to my original answer - you need your own domains "here" isnt good enough for most major affiliate networks

barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Si any posting of ebay  links we do is free advertising for Ebay

1. sunforged profile image72
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you dont have an ePn number stuck into your affiliate settings ...the very next thing you should be doing is changing every ebay capsule to an amazon capsule.

I would think of it as free advertising for the little guys , the ebay sellers, not the more broad , free advertising for ebay.com...plus Hubpages is serving their ID, so they probably love you!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you don't have an eBay account, don't use eBay capsules.  There's no point!  That's why they're optional.

I can't offer any opinion on the chances of getting accepted, because I applied when eBay was still accepting Hubbers.

5. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

How old does a website need to be before eBay can accept it?

I have been "cultivating" a couple of websites for a couple of months, and was thinking of applying when the sites are abt 6 months old.

6. Edweirdo profile image94
    Edweirdoposted 7 years ago

How well established does an external website need to be to get approved by ebay?

Do I just need to set up a new domain name with a bit of content, and BAM! I get approved?

Or does it need to be "successful" website?

In other words, does simply establishing a web presence outside of Hubpages lead to approval, or does it need to be a *significant* web presence?

This feels like I'm asking a dumb question, but I've ignored ebay as a revenue stream because I've read that it's a hard nut to crack, approval wise. Just wondering if I should continue to ignore it or exert a tiny bit of effort to make it viable...

7. sunforged profile image72

I cant answer that. I was accepted upon first application. I believe I made some reference to being an established ebay seller , but never officially linked ebay accounts.

The site I applied with at the time was  3 pages and had no more than 50 words of text.

Its been a couple of years I think, eBay seems to change its policies every 3 months or so, nothing really makes sense. I only keep them because I seem to average 9-10% returns compared to 4-8% w/ amazon.

I brought ebay.com over 500.00 in sales yesterday - i received 0.00! a few weeks ago I brought ebay 0.00 (no successful bids)for the day, I received 12.84. No rhyme, no reason...but it has been averaging out in my favor.

If your the type that needs answers that make sense from your partners - your stress level may stay lower if you DONT apply for eBay.

barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I actually used to have an account as you may know Ive been here on hubpages.  There was some changes made to the affiliate no and when i made the necessary changes I lost my account I complained about it but was met with a brick wall !

8. Super Chef profile image60
    Super Chefposted 7 years ago

I used to run ebay on my website but stopped it 6 months ago so I reaplied yesterday so just waiting on their verdict hope its accepted!!

working