jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

comment on my hub just reminded me-what we do here can matter 2 some1

1. H.C Porter profile image84
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

Awhile back I wrote a hub on missing children- and tonight as I checked comments made to my hubs-a simple comment to say'Thank You' appeared from the father of one of the children I featured.
    I literally felt my jaw drop & heart stop, before I started to cry. (Don't ask-just wasn't expecting such a visitor).

Anyways-i just thought I would share that with the community-just in case anyone ever doubts that a hub can't be read by someone who matters-or that a hub doesn't have the ability to matter to someone who reads it.

2. Mike Lickteig profile image91
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

That is beautiful, HC, and completely inspiring!  Not only is it nice to be reminded that someone relevant could read our words, but what an amazing reminder!

Totally cool!

H.C Porterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Mike, I cant even lie that I was shocked that I received such a comment- but was a great reminder.

3. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

HC I am amazed that that connection was made but I am very happy that it was. I have read that Hub and I am sure that it meant the world to the father that someone else cared about his child.
    Good Job.

You're not alone-amazed was just the beginning of my response. I wonder if him being able to find the hub was due to the fact that it was Stumbled by another huber and this morning FastFreta said she rated the hub up and Dig(ged) it?

4. Urbane Chaos profile image89
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

You're absolutely right - one never knows when one may do or write something that may inspire another person.. It's always a good feeling when you're able to help someone else out..

Just imagine how the father was feeling as he read those words..

I hope that he feels hopeful that his son will be found and returned to him, and knows that he has an additional person praying for him and his family

5. Money Glitch profile image87
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

That is awesome HC! I'm sure you lifted his spirit momentarily and offered him a glimmer of hope during such a bad situation. To me that is a writer's dream to really help and/or impact your readers lives. Great Job! smilebig_smile

Thanks-and I must agree, the simple Thank You, was better than any Ad Sense Payout I could imagine.

working