jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon.ca affiliate program

1. Nady profile image83
    Nadyposted 6 years ago

I signed up with the program,I received their email of approving the application and with the ID. at my hubpages profile it says "set". so i put on most of my hubs products from amazon. but on my amazon account it doesn't show any clicks or earnings.   then I received an email from amazon associate saying that I haven't refer a sale. am I missing something here?

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You will have to sign up for an amazon.com affiliate ID, as amazon.ca will not work here at hubpages (even though it looks like it's working). I made the same error with amazon.co.uk and so I wrote this hub about it: http://hubpages.com/hub/Amazon-Associat … Developers

2. arthriticknee profile image90
    arthritickneeposted 6 years ago

hubpages Amazon capsules are for the Amazon.com affiliate program not international versions. Having said that, even if it was working, with only 5 hubs you wouldn't expect to make a sale in a hurry. Even getting a click through would be good work.

3. Super Chef profile image66
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

After looking through your hubs I see you only have Amazon capsules on one of your hubs. Try moving it further up the page next to your first text box. This is where most people will look when first clicking on your hub, before getting lost in the content of your hub. You are missing a trick on your hubs about printers and computers. Why not put Amazon capsules on these hubs, as they are highly searched items on the internet. It doesnt even have to be for computers or printers try advertising low end products i.e ink cartridges or computer mice are relitavley cheap why not advertise these. Just a suggestion. Good luck

1. Nady profile image83
      Nadyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you for your suggestions, super chef

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nady, did you notice Susana's post that explained you must be signed up for the American Amazon, not the Canadian one?   HubPages only works with Amazon.com, not with any of the others. 

I'm not sure Superchef's advice is all that good.  Amazon capsules only work if you pick items that are very tightly targeted to what people are looking for.