jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

How much traffic should a hub get to be considered successful?

1. Om Paramapoonya profile image92
    Om Paramapoonyaposted 8 years ago

I normally worry about the number of clicks more than the number of visitors. But now I've been writing flagship hubs and I think Hubpages expect flagship hubs to attract more traffic than normal hubs. So how many page views do you think a hub should get per day in order to be considered accomplishing?

2. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

That's up to you to decide.

There is no "pass or fail" standard for traffic.

My original poems might get a couple of viewings a month, while my hottest Hubs get hundreds, sometimes hundreds in a day. I don't consider the poetry ones to be "failures", though.

Are you happy with the traffic? That's the important question.

Nobody outside is qualified to make that judgement for you.

Jenny

Om Paramapoonyaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Jenny. :-) I know what you mean and agree with you 100% I just asked this question because I have heard that if flagship hubs don't attract traffic, Hubpages usually puts the author on hiatus for FHs. And I'm a little worried cuz my first FH (published about a week ago) has been getting only 30 - 70 page views a day. 

Anyway, thanks again for your answer. 

Om :-)

1. Lissie profile image86
        Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ive never heard that - and not all my flagship hubs get over 30 views a day - I do push them for the first month to get the 10 from 10 bonus but only got that for a few of them

Hi, Lissie. When you get the 10 for 10 bonus, is there a way to find out what those 10 sources of traffic are?

1. Lissie profile image86
            Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well the easiest way is just the view stats page at the top of each of your hubs - when you are logged in.  Better is to set up a free google analytics account - use your profile url as the "website page" or whatever they call it - you can then look at the traffic, keywords, location, social economic background (joke!) of your visitors - its very very good Oh you will have to add your analytics code to your HP profile for it to work (same place as ebay, amazon, adsense ids)

Thanks a lot, Lissie. I'll go ahead and do that :-)

3. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

That was a great and detailed hub you wrote about ringtones- have you thought about how to market that article and to whom? Teens probably, into young adults-
    I think you did a good job and would'nt worry about scores, just work on who to best market the hub too-

Thanks, Dorsi. Yes, I think teens are my target readers. But I don't know much about internet marketing. You have any suggestions? So far I have promoted it on my blog, some social bookmarking sites and a little bit on Yahoo Answers. That's all.

4. spuds profile image18
    spudsposted 8 years ago

How much traffic makes a successful hub is really a personal thing. I wouldn't get to hung up on it. If it is a good hub with good content the traffic will come.

Ok, I'll stop worrying. Thanks, spuds.

working