jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Anyone else's traffic ramped up?

1. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

Hey guys and gals,
    In the last two days, my Hub traffic has really picked up. I would guess about 40%.

I don't know if I've been Stumbled or what, as the traffic seems to be a general across the board increase.
    Anyone else having this phenomenom happen to them? I'm excited. I hope it doesn't end.

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Being on the featured hubbers section of the front page when folks who aren't logged in go to hubpages.com helps a bunch!

3. danielmybrother profile image87
    danielmybrotherposted 8 years ago

Mine spiked upward also, though I'm not exactly sure why.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

There was a glitch yesterday involving the back button on IE browsers that caused people's traffic numbers on HubPages reporting to be inflated.  Google analytics will give you a more realistic picture of your real numbers yesterday.

5. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

gamergirl, I'm sure that helps.
    Maddie, ahh, you deflated my happy balloon. sad   But thanks for the info. That explains a lot.

1. DJ Funktual profile image87
      DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yeah way to kill my buzz. 

I am having the best week of my life on hubpages.   I have over 500 page views in last 24 hours. 1,800 page views in the last 7 days, over 4,000 this month.  How much of that back button and me editing the piece should I attribute to this? 

Follow-up Q: Is this any good?  Not making much money, that's for sure and didn't know how to measure this info.

1. Angela Harris profile image75
        Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Cool, DJ. Sure, some of that is because of the tech bug, but did you know that you have a hub on the hottest Hubs page? (Your Hottest Hottie Videos). This may be at least partially responsible for your traffic jump. So, all is not lost...

1. DJ Funktual profile image87
          DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I find it soooo hilarious that i can spend hours and hours on HUBs that I pour my heart into and the hottest hotties video has now got me all this attention.   Oh well, Just be grateful.

Does anyone out there have any documentation on this?

2. pjdscott profile image75
        pjdscottposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm making very little from HubPages through AdSense but, in many respects, it does not worry me. The feelgood factor in writing a good hub is immense and I've had superb support from fellow hubber and hubpages staff.

Beside which, the state of the USD means even less income for people in the GBP/Euro zones. Anyway, money is not everything!

6. Soya profile image60
    Soyaposted 8 years ago

i too saw a high jump in my traffic from hubpages (nearly 35%) but it is sad to know that its all due to some software error..sad

7. 69
    Buggyposted 8 years ago

No change from where I'm sat!

My visitor stats have been pretty stable for a while now so if it's something that you've done to boost your visitor numbers...share the love!

8. spuds profile image20
    spudsposted 8 years ago

I have been seeing a small, gradual increase in visitors for a while. Nothing dramatic but never the less an increase.