jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Hey new to Hubpages

1. ahostagesituation profile image78
    ahostagesituationposted 6 years ago

Why, why do we write? I'm an OB nurse in real life, and was told I'd have to write online before I'd get this book of mine that I'm not finished published.  Very Julie and Julia.  Like the site though, easy to use.  Writing can't be a hobby, hobbies are fun!  What do you for work?

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

These days:  Write   lol

I write for work.  Then I write as a hobby.  Then I write to earn a little more money in case the work slows down.  After that I write to take care of a bunch of personal business that requires writing.  smile    Every so often, I leave the computer - and go mail some of the stuff I've written.   smile

(Pathetic, eh?  lol )         (Welcome to HubPages, by the way.   smile  )

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, ahostagesituation!  By day, I work for an insurance company, by night/wkends I write for some pocket money.  smile

3. Super Chef profile image66
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages I'm a chef by trade and writing is how I unwind at the end of the day. Good luck and happy hubbing!!!

4. Falsor Wing profile image87
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

Greetings, I also wish to get a book published. Theoretically I write for money and for fun. In practice I might make some money some day. For work I write and try to get paid as McDonalds snubs my irl attempts at self employment. I used to be a student.

5. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

I'm a stylist.
    I started to write on HubPages to assimilate all I've learned over the years in the various jobs I've had relating to fashion and beauty.
    Being here really is great fun.
    Welcome to Hubpages!

6. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Hi and Welcome to HubPages!

I'm currently unemployed and checking into writing as a self-employment option.  I've only been on HubPages 2 months so far, and I'm enjoying every minute of it!  Oh yeah - And I'm trying to work on a book. smile

7. Lady_E profile image84
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Welcome. smile

I'm just a Dreamer by day and Writer by Night.