jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Day 1: Starting the hub challenge

1. LarasMama profile image61
    LarasMamaposted 6 years ago

I have 25 hubs and 14 fans. I've been on HP for 3 months. Let's see what I can do in 30 days! Time starts.... NOW!

Topics: Internet, pregnancy & babies, creative writing and maybe a few other topics thrown in.

Feel free to leave any suggestions.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image91
      Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good luck!

2. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

All the best of luck! Creative writing, how about some poetry? smile

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

That's a great decision LarasMama.

I did the 30 challenge at my 3rd month mark and it was the best decison I ever made. Not only did I start to make real money at HP, but I learned what works best for me.

I'm sure as you write one hub a day, you'll start to really find your own unique style and what you enjoy doing. And that really is the key to succes on HP.

Just a tip though, if you write your 30 hubs on a related subject and link them together, you'll really get an SEO benefit. Atleast that was the major thing I learned during my first challenge.

I also recommend Relache's and Maddie Ruud's How to Hubs. They are the ones that I learned the most from, when I started.

LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you both for the replies! And yes... I hope to work on some poetry. smile
      And as for related subjects... my main subject of interest is pregnancy and birth so I already have a few interrelated hubs on those which I've linked together. Hopefully I'll come up with a few more... smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Listen to Nelle, she's one of our most successful Hubbers! 

I'm writing the 60 Day Challenge with 30 Hubs all about dance, and I must say I'm finding it hard to write 30 Hubs all on one subject - even one I love so much!  But as you say, there's no reason why you can't interlink your new Hubs with your existing ones on the same subject.

I notice the current HubMob is on babies - so if you write on that subject using the HubMob link, you'll get the benefit of doing both challenges at once!

I tried the 30 Day Challenge twice, and both times I didn't get anywhere near the goal - but I still wrote far more Hubs than I would otherwise, so there's no doubt it's a good motivator.

LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa - yes I was so happy to see a hubmob on babies! I've already written two hubs ... woot!

I've just written my third hub of the challenge on how and when to complain:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/How-and-why-to- … -complaint