jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Old Christmas hubs

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

what do you guys do with them? i have some Christmas hubs that are just milling around not doing anything. is it ok to rewrite them as new hubs, taking out the Christmas references, then deleting them after i cull the info, or is this considered copying? do you just save them to be reused at Christmas? i have a bunch of Halloween hubs which obviously i cannot reinvent as they are too specifically Halloween, but these Christmas hubs could be revised, if that is not inappropriate.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cosette, I'm pretty sure I recall Mark and Nelle saying they write their seasonal Hubs at least six months before the day, so that Google has plenty of time to rank them properly.  So I'd say, just let them sit there till Christmas.

1. Edweirdo profile image95
        Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cosette, I agree with Marisa!

I intentionally wrote a group of cooking hubs in March related to Thanksgiving dinner recipes, and I got the idea from reading Nelle's hubs.

If all goes well, they will be well aged by November and I will experience the benefits!

Like a fine wine, hubs get better with age big_smile

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As with all seasonal Hubs that I have, I just let them wait until that same time next year.  A well-written, season-specific Hub can be a glorious traffic and cash cow.  If you do plan to refresh or update anything, be sure to do so about 3-4 months ahead of the active season.

2. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I have one sarcastic hub about shopping during Christmas time that totally spiked again last year.  Just leave your old ones and write new ones whenever you are so inspired.

3. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

hey, thanks you guys! i will just let them sit and age, like fine wine wink then see what happens come Christmas.

4. wyanjen profile image85
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

My x-mas tree hub is still getting some traffic.
    I'm surprised!