jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

I think the world is taunting me.

1. Falsor Wing profile image85
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

Most of my hubs have ads for publishing services, I think I;m the only person in danger of clicking them... which is fraud. Amazon just sent me an email asking if I knew I had signed up for an affiliates account I'M SO BAD AT SELLING SHIT THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW I'M TRYING!

I found it interesting that their email full of tips uses the same format as the how-to articles a couple of hubbers I frequent write.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey, i wouldn't let it get you down. trust me.  it takes almost forever to get established here.  hell, during my first 4 to 6 months here, i only earned like five bucks for my troubles.  lol. however, im just barely now starting to accumulate more and more of a fan base to where now im over like 20 dollars now. lol.  granted that's still hardly anything for almost a years worth of work, but im progessing a heck of a lot faster now. it seems like your just being too hard on yourself, as you seem to already know what your doing.  just keep trying to self promote yourself and talking to people in forums, and keep fanning hubbers that write topics that peak your interests.

another  thing though, you should try writing hubs for the hub mob, as that practically guarantees you traffic. Trust me, some of my worse hubs got a lot of traffic just because it was a hub mob topic.  go figure. lol. anyway, i hope that helps.

1. Edweirdo profile image95
        Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sadly, I need to disagree - I have been here just 3 months, and my Adsense is over $30 and my traffic is edging towards my first payout from Google in a month or two.

Take a look at my hubs - nothing spammy, no keyword overload, no photo hubs. Just well structured, well written content.

Falsor, everything you need to know is posted somewhere here on HubPages - I knew nothing about internet marketing or SEO or keyword research 3 months ago. I learned it by reading other hubbers here who know their s**t, and then implementing what I learned.

I've tried to share my knowledge and experiences here in my "Adventures in HubPages" series if you want to see a realistic depiction of another hubber's progress...

Good luck and keep on hubbing!

2. Falsor Wing profile image85
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

gracias. sadly enough this is the only source of income I have been able to obtain in four months. hopefully chacha's tech troubles are solved by tommorow, if I have some kind of real income I'll likely calm down alot.

PS yes I know hubs arent supposed to make money quickly, I had a choice between make some money in several months and... make no money. if nothing else I've learned a helluvalot.

1. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know how your feeling, I really do. I went from working at an engineering firm for years to working overnight stocking shelves at a retail store. My income is about 1/4 of what it used to be, and that means I have no extra money. I'm concentrating on making hubs (as well as other online ventures) to get myself at least some extra spending money so I don't go insane. I mean, I even have to budget for an Arby's Roast Beef sandwich lol.

Just stick to making hubs, check out SEO techniques, and give it a bit of time. Sometimes it takes a while to get ranked better in search engines.

Edit: I'm working overnight stocking shelves thanks to the recession, which killed my field.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't worry. i understand you completely. as i've been unemployed since april of last year, but i haven't been able to find another full time job since.  luckily i still have my part time job and unemployment to rely on, but that can only last so long.  therefore, i understand what you mean. 

another site I could recommend you try since your low on funds though is seed.  unfortunately, they're very picky about the articles they select on there, so you might have to bring your "A" game so to speak when you write for them.  plus, you're kind of limited to what your allowed to write about there.  however, unlike here, they pay you per article you turn into them.  ranging anywhere from like 5 dollars to like almost a 1000; depending on what the topic is. you can try that site if you like. here's the site if you want to check it out.

anyway, im sorry to hear about your situation, and i hope for your sake, things will get better for you soon.

Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A million blessings upon you my friend.

Sometimes I feel like "thanks" just doesn't cut it.

1. earnestshub profile image87
            earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Falsor I am sorry to know you lost your job in the recession. I don't know what your field is, but Australia has low unemployment and we import engineers and some other occupations. I know this is a long shot, but thought I would mention it anyway. All the best. I hope you win the lottery! smile

I actually didn't lose my job, I basically couldn't afford to finish college. Three years of college is at least as worthless as zero years of college because then I would likely have job experience, and money.

If I can actually support myself with my writing (oh dream of dreams) someday I think it will have been worth it, but until I have some proof I can do so I'll get fairly bleak from time to time.

However I still have a laptop and an internet connection, not to mention semi-regular meals and very regular warm bed and roof for at least a couple more months so there's still time to get a "real" job. I guess my largest complaint is the uncertainty, other than that my lifes as easy and convenient as seems normal.