jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is this a trick to increase score?

1. 0
    selrachposted 6 years ago

Do the number of comments on a hub drive up the score?
    I was reading a hub, it had 40 comments, but 18 of these where by the hub author.

1. seanorjohn profile image80
      seanorjohnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think some hubbers like Iantopf write very considered replies to comments left. Shadesbreath rightly bumped him up on the forums.I don't think he would be trying to get a higher rating. This guy is hugely talented and from his replies anything but self centred.

2. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

What is wrong with that?? hmm

The majority of my hubs have at least that many comments.  People comment as they appreciate the work... when I comment back to them it is because I appreciate their input and their support.

Do comments drive up a score? hmm 
    Only those comments that the author makes on the subject matter and are contained between the beginning and the end of the hub. lol
    Soooo... It pays to write quality work scorewise... the comments and support are a bonus smile

3. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

no i dont think it is any traffic related thing..some author do have habit of commenting on comments and there is nothing wrong in it..

4. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

The real trick is writing well enough to encourage people to comment. IMO its only good manners to reply to those who have taken the time to read a hub and make considered comments.

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I've never seen anything that indicates commenting will drive up a Hub score.  However I will say that I've got Hubs with way more comments than that, where about half of the comments are mine, as some Hubs are such that the comment capsule is Q&A and not just random feedback from visitors.  Like my Hub on nose piercing... It's got over 500 comments but they are all questions from readers and my answers.

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Most often I comment back, so almost half of all comments on my Hubs are mine.

The Hubs that get the most comments for me are the Hubs on "serious" matters in life, and they often get long comments - so my return comments may be long too.  For me, it has nothing to do with any tricks of any kind - just more discussion, answers, or etiquette (depending on the comment).