jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Can we put Amazon affiliate links in Hubs?

1. Vimlaksh G profile image80
    Vimlaksh Gposted 6 years ago

I am not sure about this one and couldn't find an answer in any of the posts so I thought I should ask.

I have set up an Amazon shop and would to link to it, but is it allowed?

1. GarfieldGates profile image83
      GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think its OK.  I think regular linking rules apply - which means a maximum of two outgoing links to the same website that you have any commercial interest in.

2. freelanceauthor profile image60
      freelanceauthorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can place at most 2 affiliate links,  including Amazon, in your hubs. This would give higher percentage commission than using your Amazon capsule

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Yes because you can put up to two links to external sites on each hub.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You'll do better if you use an Amazon capsule, as then you won't be bound by the outgoing link limits.

I agree - however there are some things that the capsule just won't work for such as featuring special deals when things are bought as a bundle as well as trying to get people to join Amazon Prime.

These, of course, are the exception and it is always prudent to, as relache said,  look for ways to include what you want to feature in a capsule.

4. Vimlaksh G profile image80
    Vimlaksh Gposted 6 years ago

Thanks for clearing my doubt. But this just gave way to another doubt. Do I get to keep the entire revenue from the Amazon capsule or is it also split between HP and me?

1. MyWebs profile image83
      MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When it comes to AdSense, Amazon, eBay and Kontera HubPages will display your ads 60% of the time and theirs the other 40% of the time. IF when your ads are displayed, you get a click or sale all of the money is yours to keep.

1. DeanKeaton259 profile image59
        DeanKeaton259posted 6 years ago in reply to this

True, but the 60% rule only applies to Adsense and maybe Kontera. The Amazon and Ebay capsules are yours 100% of the time.

No.

100% of the earnings from all programs are yours.  The impressions from all programs are split 60/40.

Read here for clarification - http://hubpages.com/faq/#revenue

working