jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

My First Hub

1. Trefold profile image61
    Trefoldposted 6 years ago

So in my desire to earn some extra cash I have wandered to hubpages. I have been working as a freelance writer for about two years now, and have heard bits and pieces about hubpages and dabbled in some SEO oriented programs. But this is my first real attempt at making any money off of sites like this. Upon joining hubpages I started reading all the hubs about hubs and forum threads that I could, using the two days it took google adsense to accept me to gather as much information as I could. So last night I threw up my first hubpages hub, http://hubpages.com/hub/Earning-money-w … d-adsense, this is a hub simply going over the information I've found and describing my plan here on hubpages. This was inspired by the 60 day challenge that I've seen various hubbers talking about. So please, let me know what you think and what I can do to get more traffic

2. Super Chef profile image66
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

Hi there, just to let you know your link is not working to your hub, so i clicked on your profile and found the hub in question. First impressions very informative, it could do with a few more photos, maybe search youtube for a video relating to this subject and embed it into a video capsule. If you are an Amazon affiliate insert a couple of Amazon capsules using a couple of keywords relating to the hub. Otherwise not a bad hub keep up the good work. I personally feel your goal of $200 in 2 months is slightly unrealistic but not impossible. I personally have been here 3 1/2 months and only today cleared $5. Anyway good luck to you and if you achieve this $200 in 2 months drop me a line and let me know how you did it.

Trefoldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really? I thought that was aiming a little low :-/ what do you think  good goal is? It seems to bounce around all over the place going by what I've read. As for videos I'll see what I can find, I don't however have an Amazon affiliate account, would you advise getting one?

Not entirely sure why that links not working :-/ I just copied and pasted it right out of my browser.

3. Urbane Chaos profile image93
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Here's your link: http://hubpages.com/hub/Earning-money-w … nd-adsense

Overall, the hub looks pretty good.. In fact, for a first "real" hub, it looks damn good.  You have great information that's relevant to what's going on today.  I think that your hub will help a lot of people out.

There's one thing that I'd recommend though.  Throw in a few keywords that will help people find your article.  In other words, your keywords for the ads are excellent - but the problem with them is this: Everyone's doing articles similar to yours. You have to make yours stand out in a way that makes it easy to find on Google.  The way to do this is to pick a middle-of-the-road keyword that has around 10,000-20,000 searches.  This puts you in a special "niche" market, but at the same time helping you to be easily accessible to everyone.  Put those keywords in where they make sense, but don't overpower your money making keywords.

And yes, 200 bucks in two months would be hard to get.  The reason is this: Think of your hubs as if they were small trees.  At first, there's not much to them - they look like twigs.  Over time, those twigs develop into full grown, mature trees.  Your hubs will do the same thing.  At first, they won't make you much (if any) money.  But, over time, at least six months, as your hubs grow and attract more and more traffic, you'll start seeing a decent income from them.  It's just like starting your own business.  Most start-ups don't even make a profit for the first two years.  HP is a little quicker than that, but it's the same concept.  Now, you may be an exception to the rule, so don't let that discourage you.  It's been done many times - but it's been done by those who have far more talent than I.

My friend, I wish you the best!

Thanks, you're by far becoming one of my favorite people on hubpages >.< You're easy to understand, active, reply to me, and helpful. Thanks for the compliment, however I'm not sure if I'M happy with the content yet. It still seems like it's a tad lacking compared to some other hubs I've read. Also I noticed the keyword issue. Before I started writing I did some keyword research and picked some out.... then realized that I hardly used them during the article.

So what do you think I should have as a goal? I'd like something a little competitive and actually find that I work better with a certain 'challenge' in mind.