jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)

Category - Gun

1. jaymz profile image77
    jaymzposted 6 years ago

Is there an appropriate place to put guns, as in types of guns, gun accessories, etc.?

1. Art 4 Life profile image61
      Art 4 Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

do you mean where to store them??
      I have a gun cabinet, that stays locked, it's fire proof, has a combination lock, etc....I think it's a fort knox, you can put guns, rifles, all the accessories there, they are protected, and locked away from children, etc... ....  I have nothing against guns, I  do enjoy my venison and wild pork...and you never know when you might have a bear to come around....

2. larryfreeman profile image86
      larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jaymz,

Thanks for the question. 

When writing about guns, it is important to remember the Google Adsense Rules:
      https://www.google.com/support/adsense/ … wer=105950

I've added some additional categories for you:

Sports & Recreation/Hunting & Shooting/Shooting & Shooting Accessories/Rifles

Sports & Recreation/Hunting & Shooting/Shooting & Shooting Accessories/Shotguns

Sports & Recreation/Hunting & Shooting/Shooting & Shooting Accessories/Handguns

Sports & Recreation/Hunting & Shooting/Shooting & Shooting Accessories/Gun Accessories

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

whoa...i didn't know we could write about guns here.

cool!

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
          Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just read those rules.  It says Google ads are not permitted to appear on sites about guns. 

"Not permitted" by whom?

1. relache profile image87
            relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

By Google.  As in, it's a great way to get your AdSense account canceled forever.  Same as with adult content.

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

If your talking about storage, there are cabinets and gun safes.  There are lots of really cool safes, hand/finger print activated stuff for handguns, some really cool fire proof stuff as was mentioned above.  If you're looking for a hub topic, I bet that's a good one that will get you several hubs if it's not already been worked to death.

3. jaymz profile image77
    jaymzposted 6 years ago

As mentioned in the title of the post, "Category"

Why would I ask storage questions in a website problem/question forum?

Thanks Larry, that'll do fine.

As for the rules, are we able to write about gun laws? Or gun holsters? I saw accessories, but those listed were gun parts and accessories (I would figure lasers, spotters, knifes that attach to rifles, etc)

Would one put airsoft guns and paint ball guns under handguns? Or would that be another category?

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

do airsoft guns count as toys? or maybe recreational sports would be more appropriate?

2. larryfreeman profile image86
      larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jaymz,

I added subcategories for Paintball Guns and Airsoft Guns.

-Larry

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

really.

oh

well i'm glad you said something. it makes me wonder why there are categories for them then.

which brings up another question. i have been wanting to write a hub about Victorian erotica. Amazon sells books about Victorian erotica. it would of course not be explicit in any way, but it would be, well, erotic, but not in a bad way. would that get my Adsense revoked?

also, we can now carry concealed weapons here. would a hub about that be a cause for Adsense revocation?

5. Arthur Fontes profile image89
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

I have had a hub up for months which google will not put any adsense ads up for my 60%.

Hp checked out the hub and found nothing wrong with it even though it does contain violence it is fictitious and actually the hub I am most proud of.

My determination is Google can be fickle.

6. jaymz profile image77
    jaymzposted 6 years ago

I agree. Why have categories if Google doesn't allow adds on the page. I have seen many gun ads posted by Adsense, I don't understand why they don't allow it.

7. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

The content network is supposed to be family friendly - the search network seems to have different rules (whether stated or not)

8. Aya Katz profile image88
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

So if Google Adsense places ads for guns on your hub, you get penalized for it?

9. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

if YOU place the adsense script and your associated id on content that doesnt fit within the liquid TOS - you may be penalized for it, you are more likely to get penalized during the odd seconds of first quarter of every third Thursday, unless that Thursday falls on an even month ..then you are ok

so in short its always best to keep a far berth from anything questionable

10. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

I sell hunting rifle scopes on one of my hubs and google places hunting ads on this article too.  As long as the article discusses using firearms while hunting I suppose it is within the rules as stated on the TOS. 

As far as I know, I haven't been penalized for these ads.

11. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

I need a scope,

can you put that on a glok?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but I don't know why you would need mouthwash for your pistol!

12. jaymz profile image77
    jaymzposted 6 years ago

Hmm... So basically just be careful what you write about?

I've seen many gun hubs about laws and accessories. They seem to have Google ads on them, which is why I thought they were fine.

Basically, if Google puts their own ads on there, they're ok? Or better than if you put them on there yourself, so to speak? Just trying to decide if I can write my gun purse and gun holster hubs.

If they're about using hunting guns or accessories for hunting rifles, is that closer to the ok? Since rifles hunted with are acceptable

working