jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Hublength forum posts

1. LarasMama profile image59
    LarasMamaposted 6 years ago

Is there a reason people post incredibly long speeches in the forums on a certain topic? Wouldn't these pieces of writing be put to better use in a hub? Correct me if I'm wrong!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right.  What sometimes happens is that people join HubPages and somehow, miss all the information at the beginning.  Then they think the forums ARE HubPages and start posting their Hubs here.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, some of these posts are no good on the forums.  Why turn them into an even worse hub?

1. myownworld profile image79
        myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm guilty of it. If I get going I can write a very large amount for a forum post, which would be much better served if it were actually for a hub.

4. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always hate it when they write a forum post with no paragraph breaks...definately don't wanna read that! if it's a religious forum rant then definately ignore!

2. TheGlassSpider profile image80
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

I am guilty of this. Sometimes it just happens...I get to "talking" about what I think...and when I hit send it's like, "Oh."

And I even think, "That would make a good hub." But often don't get around to making it so.

It probably would be put to better use in a hub. lol

3. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

I've been a bit guilty of this too. Heck, I just have a lot to say!

4. Urbane Chaos profile image93
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Shh... You guys talk too much. tongue big_smile

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm guilty of it too (REALLY guilty  lol)

I've occasionally turned a long response into a Hub, but my head is in two different places when I do a Hub versus post on here.  On here, I see discussions about relatively serious topics as "conversations" - and kind of include what I might in a conversation.  To me, some subjects call for more "in depth" discussion (otherwise, don't even bother at all). A lot of the times I'll look for a thread that looks like the person is looking for a "real" discussion, not just a quickie post.  I just like "the exchange of ideas" or "debates" sometimes.  I guess it all depends on what anyone is looking to get out of the forums at any given time.  (I'll stop now before I write a thesis on my own forum-posting.  lol  )

1. LarasMama profile image59
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry I do that too - but I was originally thinking more of the forum posters who start a NEW THREAD that is four paragraphs long, seemingly answering a question... that nobody asked. Like "How to fix *** in your computer."

1. Lisa HW profile image82
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh - I've often wondered about those too.  I just assume they may be new, or at least not on here often enough to know their thread would make a good Hub.  (The "nobody-asked" factor IS kind of funny.  lol  )   Most of the time they don't really look like the OP is looking for anyone else's input on any "discussion".  hmm

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I never read the long posts, they may have something interesting to say but it's usually something that could be said in their own words for much less. Not accusing anyone in this post but many will post an entire article from somewhere else to prove their point.

1. 0
      getmybackposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol  true

HI UW smile