jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

I accidentally clicked one of the ads

1. borge_009 profile image57
    borge_009posted 6 years ago

What would I do? I accidentally clicked one of the ads when I was editing something.  I did not clicked in intentionally.

1. waynet profile image46
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Start praying....nah only joking it happens especially when screens freeze and all that jazz!

2. Origin profile image59
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I remember when the Adsense program first came out years ago, I added it to my website and accidentally clicked on it, I almost had a heart attack. I was like... "NOOOoOOooOOooo!!!" *echo* *echo*

Then I asked around and they said it's ok just don't do it again. Accidents happen.

3. Super Chef profile image73
      Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Adsense take this into account when checking your stats i read in one of the forums to send them an email explaining this and everything will be fine.

4. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Get ready for..

http://www.stoelrivesworldofemployment.com/cuffs.jpg

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I've read here that if you accidentally click one of your own ads that google will understand. Just be careful and don't do it again.

3. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

Relax.. smile this should help:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37080

4. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

No worries Just do not do it again! LOL I think this happens to a lot of people. There have been other threads on the topic and the general opinion seems to be that adsense can tell a mistake from click fraud I guess because a mistake happens once and fraud, well hmmm.........

5. borge_009 profile image57
    borge_009posted 6 years ago

Thanks for all your replies I feel relieved now.......This is the first time I accidentally clicked one of them....

6. Sparhawke profile image62
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

If you click maybe once in 6 months as a genuine mistake they will understand, when you click 1000 times in 6 minutes then they may have a hissy fit, they really should make it more clear as to what click fraud actually is...

7. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Wished I had a buck for every ad that was accidentally clicked! I could take that trip to Northern Queensland!

8. BILLYZEKE profile image61
    BILLYZEKEposted 6 years ago

I just had my adsense deleted for some supicious activity and i have no idea why ?  I never had clicks by known users that is telling others to clcik ads for pay or any thing to get more clicks ! The E mails after account disabled notice saidf two differnt pages had to be changed ???  Like yeah ok tell me after the fact !  I was jsut starting to earn good money broke past the $50  range  getting lots of traffic for the 100 blogs i had wrote !  All i have to say about adsense now is phooey !

KONTERA is better YOU can actually tell visitors to muse over linked text for more information the advertuisers encourage it !

Adsense blows in my opinion had to ad that long privacy policy for nothing saw many others had no privacy policy on websites still up and running for months !

9. Buffoon profile image84
    Buffoonposted 6 years ago

I'm so glad to read the info in this thread!  Accidental click just happened to me in my profile page. Boy, did I have a heart attack or what!

So, do I need to go to Adsense and explain it was accidental, or will they just ignore this one click?

10. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

When I first joined HP, I accidentally clicked one of my ads. I didn't send an email, but I've been careful not to do it again.

1. Buffoon profile image84
      Buffoonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, habee. I guess I just need to pay attention that the screen fully updates before moving my mouse. AGH. I'll be on the brink of a nervous breakdown all day now!

11. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

If it were me, I'd put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye! smile

1. Buffoon profile image84
      Buffoonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why, thanks for the cheers, logic,commonsense! big_smile

working