jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Adsense ad click question?

1. LarasMama profile image60
    LarasMamaposted 6 years ago

I'm just getting to the point where I'm earning some money from clicks on adsense. Most clicks vary from 10-50 cents but today I had a click worth over a dollar. Being the n00b I am, I'd just like to know how to find out what keywords or hub that click came from?
    All I know from my channels was that it was hubpages!

2. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

Great Question, I'm glad you asked that.  I can't answer but look forward to your generating a lot of helpful advice.  Great Post!  Congrats on the earnings, keep up the good work.  Peace smile

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Just so you know, it's a violation of the AdSense TOS to disclose or reveal your click-thru rates (CTR).

That said, Analytics will let you drill down and learn more about what Hubs are earning if you set-up individual channels for each Hub.

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ooops - I didn't realize that - but I only revealed varying numbers and no specific information about where they were from...? But will remember that for future.
      And thanks for the channels idea - that makes sense... but I was hoping there might be some specific way to check... guess not!

4. yoshi97 profile image89
    yoshi97posted 6 years ago

If you want to keep better track of your hubs you can monitor them individually by creating a URL channel for each hub. Then, when you get a click you know how much, which day, and which hub. smile

As for how to find those keywords that will generate better income, there are many hubbers (myself included) who have written hubs on keyword research. I highly recommend investing some time to learn the process as it really hurts to invest hours in one hub and make nothing then to spend 10 minutes on another and see it fork over money tenfold.

Keyword phrases all pay differently and choosing a great keyword can boost your traffic as well as your income. Just remember ... shoot for keyword phrases of 3 words or more that are paying out about a buck per hit and are getting anywhere from 300 to 3000 views per month.

While there are more scientific approaches (including programs that help you locate the really good phrases) this approach requires only an investment in time learning and using the Google Adwords Keyword tool.

After all ... learning where that last big money click came from is good for amusement, but creating more money making hubs is where the excitement is really at. smile