jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Wow!! Em.. Ok. I got this little problem

1. chigoiyke profile image59
    chigoiykeposted 6 years ago

I got this hub that is getting super high traffic 100 percent from outside the community (2nd page on yahoo search)but my problem is that it is not raking in $ as regards adsense. I don't know how I can update it financially to meet what is on ground now that it is hot. I need a technical advice from anyone. Meanwhile, its been a little long time but I guess I want to concentrate more now on producing hubs rather than hanging out here. Never mind though, I need the advice

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I am in the perfect position to help you.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Why dont I make money from adsense

Pretty common issue - popular rarely equates to profitable

1. Dan Smith profile image60
      Dan Smithposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm a long time Adsense veteran.  I may be able to offer some advice.

First, we all know that certain topics pay very well for Adsense.  For example, the "mortgage" and "foreclosure" topics are hot, and advertisers are willing to paying a good CPC for Adsense content network traffic.

But, one thing I've learned is your target audience makes a difference too.  I have two websites.  One is about Acting, and draws a bunch of traffic from teenagers and twenty somethings.  I have Adsense on it and I have a miserable CTR, about 2.5%.  People in this age bracket are internet savvy and learned about ads a long time ago.  And, just like TV commercials, they ignore them and go out of their way to avoid them.

My second website has the ads in pretty much the same place on the on the page.  But it gets a much older and different crowd.  This audience isn't so jaded when it comes to Adsense, and tends to click ads more often.  The CTR is between 12% and 17%.

Guess which one makes good scratch.

So, my point is, topics written for young or savvy audiences may get much lower CTRs.

4. chigoiyke profile image59

but you are not gonna help me ryankett right? lol. karma is really a b*tch

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope, sorry, although you are more than welcome to read my hubs... and this one may help.... http://hubpages.com/hub/Increase-adsens … ring-sites

5. chigoiyke profile image59

thanks sun I enjoyed that hub

6. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

Well, when I try to make money from certain pages I'll purposely place them in strategic locations, usually that are quite noticeable to the reader, yet not overbearing. As pertaining to Hubpages I'll even go back through to add additional content just to get the larger ads near the top.

7. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

When you are saying you are getting super high traffic, what is that on a daily basis, and what are the external sources?

8. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Try to re-arrange your capsules. Split the text into two. Re-position picture and videos capsules. Perhaps, these steps may increase the CTR for you.

9. chigoiyke profile image59

tnx sun7. Am gonna do just that. Btw, the regular traffic is mostly from yahoo search