jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Shot Glasses and other Alcohol

1. N. Ramius profile image82
    N. Ramiusposted 6 years ago

I'm looking for guidance. I want to do a series of hubs selling shot glasses and the like but I'm wondering if I'll end up in violation of AdSense TOS.

I'm finding it hard to describe the item without also promoting the buying of alcohol. Anyone with thoughts?

2. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

This is in no way definitive but there are tons of hubpages that sell shot glasses.

There are tons of hubs about wine country and wine tasting

in the food category of hubpages http://hubpages.com/topics/food/beverage-recipes/1568

there are sections for beer, wine and spirits.

Ive sold shot glasses through my irish car bomb hub

I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Paste the relevant section of the adsense TOS - your worry is new to me!

3. N. Ramius profile image82

I'm wondering if promoting shot glasses and other hard alcohol containers, I am also promoting buying alcohol as I would most likely mention what is in a shot or cocktail and the like. Some of the glasses also come with hard drink recipes.

4. N. Ramius profile image82

Drug, alcohol, and tobacco-related content
    The AdSense program policies prohibit Google ads on sites which sell or promote drugs or drug paraphernalia. This includes drug accessories, illegal or prescription drugs, and herbal drugs such as salvia and magic mushrooms. Ads are also not permitted on pages which sell or promote the sales of beer, hard alcohol, or liqueurs. Additionally, publishers are not permitted to place ads on sites which sell or promote tobacco and tobacco-related products, including cigarettes, cigars, tobacco pipes, and rolling paper.

Please be aware that the promotion of prohibited content includes providing links to sites that do not follow our drug, alcohol, and tobacco-related content policies.

However, publishers are permitted to place ads on informational content relating to brewing or distilling beer, as well as content related to the topic of quitting smoking.

The above is the policy. I'm wondering if promoting shot glasses and other hard alcohol containers, I am also promoting buying alcohol as I would most likely mention what is in a shot or cocktail and the like. Some of the glasses also come with hard drink recipes. Notice that the policy permits an exception for informational content on beer, but not liquors.

5. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

w/o a link to a location that sells alcohol I think your in the clear

working