jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Is this a great hub. Need your opinion

1. Moses Okocha profile image59
    Moses Okochaposted 6 years ago

I just posted a new topic called traffic building tips and i need your review. It's http://hubpages.com/hub/affic-building-tips

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. You didn't point out the importance of high PR backlinks, dofollow/nofollow or anything to do with SEO.
      2. Google adsense doesn't usually approve of site exchange sites - you can get in trouble for using any kind of "exchange" incentive to get visitors.

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. They may work for a while, but eventually Google closes the door on this type of practice. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Moses, you have no information on your profile to say what your internet experience is.  Do you actually have sound experience in this field?

Traffic exchanges are a very fast way to lose your Adsense account. I certainly hope you aren't using them to promote your Hubs, or we'll be saying goodbye to you very soon.

In general, it's not a good idea to start dispensing "make money online" advice until you actually know what you're talking about.   It's a very competitive topic.

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Clear, simple style, very reader friendly. I reckon you will do well Moses.

3. ezyweb profile image61
    ezywebposted 6 years ago

I don't no about the section on traffic exchanges - its mainly cosmetic traffic that simply comes and then goes and doesn't actually do anything.

4. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Aw well, that is one guy who will never come back to these forums. But it did give a lot of people the opertunity to show how knowledgeable they are about SEO.

5. Moses Okocha profile image59
    Moses Okochaposted 6 years ago

Sorry about this. I'll see to it that i add the part about google adsense and traffic exchange sites.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Moses, if you know so little about the subject, you shouldn't be writing Hubs on that topic at all.   We've pointed out some of the mistakes you've made, but we haven't given you enough information to correct it adequately. 

Why not write about things you know something about?

6. 0
    getmybackposted 6 years ago

yep.  Depending on your preferred outcome, and the real question is do you think it's good? smile

7. Appletreedeals profile image82
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

Geez Moses, they really beat-up on you.

But, all your hubs are in the most competitive niches. It will be very hard to crack the serps with your hubpages efforts.

For example - the keywords "web design tips" from your hub of the same name returned 28 million hits. That's a tall hill to climb. Your optimism should be applauded - or re-evaluated.

An honestly friendly suggestion would be to spend an evening searching for how-to hubs and read ALL that you find related to your efforts. You will find invaluable info that may save you a lot of wasted time.

Your topics have been "done to death" all over the net, ( I'm speaking from experience, I tried the same topics when I first started), and even if you had THE SECRET to success, there are 28 million other hits ahead of you on the serps.

If you still want to pursue the same topics you are going to have to find that elusive "long-tail keyword" that all the other net marketers have overlooked, (good luck on that one), and drill down on it with all your efforts.

But ... and there is always a but, your hubs show you have an understanding of the concept, and the ability. I just think you have jumped in without checking the water first.

8. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

I feel like I read half of the info you put into that hub on a blackhat seo tips site...