Hubbers on Twitter?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 65 discussions (96 posts)
  1. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years ago

Just wondering if there were any other hubbers on Twitter.

1. profile image0
      ysdataposted 15 years agoin reply to this
      1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hello ysdata,

OK, I started following you on twitter, because your Hubpages profile looked interesting.

In twitter, my screen of people that I follow immediately filled up with about 2 screenfuls of stuff like

ysdata   @ TheBusyBrain looking for bloggers at http://www.ysdata.com/blogger    42 minutes ago from twhirl  in reply to TheBusyBrain 

I'm a twitter novice, but  Sorry, this looks like some sort of SPAM to me which I don't really want to be subjected to, so I "unfollowed" you.

Can you please explain what this is all about?

Thanks,
        Eric.

2. chantelg4 profile image70
    chantelg4posted 16 years ago

I use twitter all the time, love it!

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago
  4. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64

twitter.com/DetroitWriter

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

CM- it says that page doesn't exist- might want to check it again

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 16 years ago

Yep here I am! http://twitter.com/waynetully

Do you find it useful to add your little updates?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I do because it helps your friends and family fill in the blanks when you say "I'm busy" or I didn't call you today because I was slammed with work" I do a play by play of my entire day to a point so if my friends get annoyed because I'm not calling or stopping by, I can say go look at my twitter page and you'll see what I did today.. I'm finding alot more patience now as my friends and family are following me throughout the day actually. It is a bit strange to have them call you and you've not talked to someone in 3 days and you want to tell them about such and such article or event and they say "oh I know, I read your page already" lol in some cases it leaves you with nothing to talk about, but I just leave things out of my updates to maintain that fun smile

In others it's actually caused my friends to call me to get "more details" on such and such... it works both ways. Twitter is giving someone a look into (at your own control) your life. If someone uses anything you say on there against you you can block them from future "following" by person and even can make it so only your friends (not the general public) can see you but if you block them you also cannot follow them! I like Twitter for all those reasons but also because It keeps me focused, I feel sometimes if I have nothing to report that I'm doing I'm not doing enough (being lazy) so its actually kept me working more... I could go on and on...

Jerrico

6. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

What the heck is twitter?  Guess I'll follow the link and find out.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

After a year or so being there I still can't figure this out big_smile I guess Chantel can enlighten us wink

2. Inspirepub profile image73
      Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Would that you had made that a formal request, Shirley, but anyway, here 'tis:

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-The-Heck-I … er--Anyway

Jenny

7. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

I'm all ears:-)
    Kathryn

8. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 16 years ago
  9. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

I'm on Twitter as inspirepub ... http://twitter.com/inspirepub I guess.

10. SpeakerTeacher profile image60
    SpeakerTeacherposted 16 years ago

www.twitter.com/sefeswick

Following Gary Vaynerchuck...the wine guy!

11. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

I just joined today because I read about it in PC World magazine.

whats your twitter addy?

12. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 16 years ago

They've moved the Follow button since I last logged in.

Found it now.

13. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 16 years ago

Well, I've just joined, but so far I've no idea why!

http://twitter.com/paraplexed

14. Mark Bennett profile image61
    Mark Bennettposted 16 years ago

Oh, now it makes sense.

I was wondering why you suddenly wrote a Hub on Twitter.

I should have read the forums first!

15. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64

Great! I'm following everyone who posted their info. Anyone else? big_smile

16. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image80
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

Okay.... I'm in too:-)  I also will follow those who post in this thread and share their info.  Sounds kinda fun!

https://twitter.com/LdsNana

tDMg
    LdsNana-AskMormon
    Kathryn

17. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Ah, Jenny.  I hadn't been back here before I read the 'Twitter' hub.  I thought it was a pretty funky coincidence.  You're right, I should have made it a request, whoops.

You did a great job by the way.  Thank-you so much.  I understand now what it is, I just don't understand why anybody wants it.  But then, I know a lot of people who don't understand why I prefer reading to watching television, so I guess that's fair.

Anyway, thx again for explaining it to us.
    Shirley smile

18. spuds profile image60
    spudsposted 16 years ago

Sure do. I love Twitter

http://twitter.com/spud

19. Jerrico Usher profile image57
    Jerrico Usherposted 15 years ago
  20. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

OK, I've added all you twitterers to my account, which has sat pretty well unused for about a year.

http://twitter.com/taseric

Cheers,
    Eric G.

21. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago
  22. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

OK Im going to give it a go: http://twitter.com/lissie45

23. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Yeah sure big_smile

http://www.twitter.com/broalex

Going to follow all hubbers on this thread !! wink

Alex

24. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

http://twitter.com/DorsiDiaz

I haven't done much on Twitter yet but I am signed up

25. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I twit all my articles

http://twitter.com/sukee

26. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

I don't Tweet all that much, but here ya go!smile
    http://twitter.com/janet21

27. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

A couple of good Twitter tools are Twit Deck and TwitThat! TwitThat allows you to twit from your browser.

28. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I also like twimbler.com, which allows all twimblers to see what you are twitting about.

29. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Sounds interesting, yet to explore twitters smile

30. SweetiePie profile image83
  31. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Everyone that posted their Twitter addie I've added you- and I'm finally learning Twitter, lol!!

32. josephdiego profile image62
    josephdiegoposted 15 years ago

Would love to Have My Hubbin Friends contact me on Twitter....http://twitter.com/josephdiego

Anybody looking for some twitter tips contact me.....

33. Peter Hoggan profile image68
    Peter Hogganposted 15 years ago
  34. Bob Ewing profile image66
    Bob Ewingposted 15 years ago
  35. josephdiego profile image62
    josephdiegoposted 15 years ago

Friends just remember, when you twit, here is a twit-tip..Do not just start making everybody your friend. Quality is more important than quantity.. Stick to Hubbers and other people you might know...

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tip!

2. Jerrico Usher profile image57

This is true, this is not myspace smile and remember this is your private private life your twitting about...

1. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jerrico for the tips as I will check it out and lt you know what I think smile

Your Twelcome smile

2. SweetiePie profile image83
          SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The more people you twit with, the more likely you are to meet a few people who will visit your hubs and sign up to write their own.  Personally I do not twitter about anything personal, I treat it the same as Hubpages.

If you only twit links and nothing personal people will lose intrest in following you.. the whole idea of twitter is to get a glimpse into your life not your marketing... its a yin yang thing... don't be all yang.. give some yin even if it's just to say I'm writing my hub now.... learning about__X... etc.. if you twit while building the hub you build intrest... its not just hey look at my hub, it's the build up... they get more and more curious about the hub as you give them a glimpse into your world of building it!

Jerrico

1. SweetiePie profile image83

Sorry, but I think you have me pegged wrong.  A few of us hubbers have only shared a few links, and we have every right to do this.  If anyone is bothered by my twittering they do not have to follow me.  Sorry, but you are way off on this one.  However, since I am not using twitter for just marketing I feel no need to even discuss this.  Way to jump to a conclusion by the way.

36. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

I just signed up but haven't a clue what twitter is lol.....jimmy

37. Trekkiemelissa profile image66
    Trekkiemelissaposted 15 years ago

Here is mine.  I use it for a whole bunch of things so you never know what will come up. smile

http://twitter.com/trekkiemelissa

38. Roger Rager profile image61
    Roger Ragerposted 15 years ago

Roger rages all over twitter.  http://twitter.com/Roger_Rager

39. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I recieved an email from someone at Twitter , is this a highly recommended place? Pros and Cons:)

40. Craig P. Gill profile image61
    Craig P. Gillposted 15 years ago

HubPages provides a more secure and safe publishing environment!

As with any social network that continues to grow (especially one that focuses on broadcasting messages to the masses), it opens itself up to the prospect of abuse, harassment, spam, and other types of typical Terms of Service violations. Considering the social network-sphere as it exists today, most people would assume that Twitter would be prepared to react and take action against TOS violations -

I have abandoned my account at Twitter because anyone can use Twitter to consistently harass and muddy your identity and... Twitter won’t execute any means of community management. I was fortunate to have escaped the experience!

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Craig, Thanks for the advise I will steer clear:)

Craig is wrong, and he has made you "steer clear" of a very useful tool, but this is the power of opinionated ranting...

1. Lissie profile image76
          Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think I agree with you Jerrico - i have just started using twitter properly and its a bit of an eye-opener. Their interface is crap though the application Eric recommends above is very,very cool.
          Craig - it would helpful if you would post something a bit more specific - what is exactly the problem? Even I have found that you can block people if you want to - but to be honest if you are twitting your every movement and address and your phone no - well really !  Twitter is like everything else on the net - buyer beware and don't check your brain at the door!
          BTW you are hubbing about SEO and web 2.0 - how can you  avoid twitter with that set of interests?

1. SamurWriter profile image56
            SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yea I'm seeing that, but I think people should also twit about other things than just links, people like the links and hubs but they also want more than "marketing"... I'm getting comfortable with twitter, using it a bit less now because I'm busy lately but it definately has potential..

2. Jerrico Usher profile image57

you do know they have a "block my updates" feature that allows you to block one or all publick access as well as blocking individuals only right?

41. NYLady profile image62
    NYLadyposted 15 years ago

Me, me, me! I'll follow all you guys back!
    www.twitter.com/NYLady

Twitter, among other things, is a great place to simply post links to your hubs or blog postings.

42. guidebaba profile image56
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago
  43. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

I've been playing with Twitter a bit, and can see a lot of benefits with it.

A better interface, Twhirl, is available from www.twhirl.org
    It makes twitter much more usable,

Cheers,
    Eric G.

That is a great program, thanks for the reccommendation..

J

44. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I am liking that twhirl interface Eric - yes it is much more useable - well now that I turned off the "ding" notification which made me jump!

45. SweetiePie profile image83

I like twimbler.com.  Go to their site and they will show you how to post links on twitter, which show up on their blog for the world to see.  Hint: I got a little tiny bit of traffic from this, it is worth looking into.  No special software to download either.

This is intereresting SweetiePie - when I twit the #log thing to post to the microblog - does that also broadcast to my followers - I want to fill the micorblog up with my self-promotional stuff but not annoy my 2.5 followers LOL

I do not see why it would annoy anyone when others are putting many more links on there quite often.  I only use it a few times a day, so it does not bother me.  I feel I use it the correct way. However yes, posting anything to twitter using #log:url and description will send it to your followers, and anyone viewing twimbler.  However, conversely, I feel anyone posting any links on twitter doing the same thing, but only for a smaller audience.  I think it is great, I will keep using it.  Twimlbler is in beta encouraging people to post links to their site, so what is wrong with it, as long as it is not abused.  I investigate things very thoroughly and I am overly careful about this kind of thing.

Thats logical - and after all its yet another backlink -works for me!

the question is does google actually weight it as a backlink or is it not worthy? It's not just the backlink that's important but the weight of the bl...

46. omarabid profile image44
    omarabidposted 15 years ago

well we all have twitter lol twitter.com/omarabid

47. SweetiePie profile image83

I found a blog about twimbler.com.  This person had some interesting things to say about it:

http://www.killerstartups.com/Blogging- … th-twitter

48. Editorial Nation profile image59
    Editorial Nationposted 15 years ago

Hi ya'll I use twitter

www.httphmm/twitter.com/EditorialNation

hope you'll follow me and i will follow back!

49. profile image0
    gwyn estemberposted 15 years ago

Twitter is cool! if you don't know anything about a certain topic you can post a question on twitter and find answers there. if you feel annoyed by the updates of the others, then just unfollow them..

50. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

I signed up a long time ago and have never really got into Twitter, but I'm trying to start using it a bit more: http://twitter.com/prairiekerry

My problem with it is the same problem I have with a lot of things, though - I have too many interests and always feel like the gardening people are bored by the political stuff and the political people are bored by the fandom stuff and the fandom people are bored by the real life stuff and on and on ad infinitum. I don't intend to use Twitter for personal stuff, or any fandom stuff that's not 100% on the up-and-up, but it's still awkward. I gotta get myself more of a niche. hmm

I do not think anyone here is using twitter for fandom.  We are just sharing.  However, it never hurts to make new friends and talk to people on twitter, it has its purposes.  By the way, during the election Barack Obama and other candidates were using twitter to update people on their campaign.  Many businesses are also beginning to use twitter to promote themselves, so if they can it shows it is perfectly fine.  They just do not send out millions of links, but if you use it the correct way it works well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)