jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

creating a hub

1. 61
    Betty T. Wilsonposted 6 years ago

I have answered all the questions that I see - but how do I get my message posted?  Do I type and transfer over?  Or do I type it someplace to be posted?  I seem to have lost my way.  Thanks for any help.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whether it's answering questions or writing a Hub, you can do either.  It's wisest to type in your own word processing program, though, if you're going to type so much that if any "gliche" happened you would lose what you typed.   If you're just typing a little bit, I find it's just as easy to type into the space provided.

To create a Hub click on "Start a New Hub" (next to "my account" on the bar across the top of the page here).

To answer a question, click "answer this question" (or else "write a Hub about it", or words similar).  You'll see the space you can type into (or copy from your word processing program and paste into).

2. 61
      Betty T. Wilsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Lisa.  I must be blind or dumb, but I do not see the area that you refer to.  Neither do I see anything that says Post.  I have filled out the name, and all other questions there about 3 times and each time I leave it to try to find the place to type my hub, I loose everything and have to start again.   Help!!!

1. 61
        Betty T. Wilsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I meant to say Publish, not Post.

1. lorlie6 profile image85
          lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Betty-If you're a hubber 'officially,' then at the top of every page you'll see your username in brackets, 'sign out,' 'start a new hub' (in green), 'my account,' 'my profile, and 'help.' 
          Those things are all in the black background up on the right.  I'm not talking down to you, so please don't feel like I am-it just seems like you're not seeing what Lisa and I are seeing. 
          Okay, click on the green 'start a new hub.'  Another page will come up asking you to title, categorize and tag your hub.  Hit continue, then it'll recommend you follow hubbing 'rules,' and press continue again.
          What you should see is your hub in capsule form, with 'edit' and other buttons.  The edit button is the one you click to write, then save to keep.  When you're done, go back to the top of the hub and choose 'publish now.'  There you are.  There are no post buttons, but you should see 'publish now.'
          Lisa is right that it's safer to write elsewhere first, but I have published 22 hubs writing in those capsules and have had no trouble at all.
          All the best, Betty, and email me if I can help further.

1. 0
            Audreveaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's very dark & only highlights green when you hover over it. Would be easy to miss.  As everyone has said, it's next to your name with 'my account' on the other side.

Bit like getting the train to Hogwarts, just run at the barrier in the middle! LOL

1. MyWebs profile image83
              MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes it is rather dark and easy to miss. I hate that shade of green, otherwise HP looks great imo. Ewww @ puke green color!

1. lorlie6 profile image85
                lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed! lol

2. Falsor Wing profile image86
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

If your using a mousepad start a new hub is the button you end up hitting when you try to click on my account.