jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How does AdSense work?

1. 0
    Adrienne Suzanneposted 8 years ago

I just joined HubPages and I'm confused about the AdSense pay per click deal. Does it really work?

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Try to search the forum and you'll find a bunch of threads on the topic smile Search box is located on the forums front page and has the button that says "search forums". It is not obvious and took me personally about two months to figure out big_smile

There are several hubs on the topic, too. And you made a good choice starting from darkside's hub. Read more by him, he knows what he is talking about and can deliver, too smile

In a nutshell - yes it works if you know what you are doing. For a newbie it takes time in a range of many months (rather a couple of years) to start earning something you can really feel on your budget, but it is doable.

Don't quit your regular job just yet - but if you are willing to learn and persist, you can plan on quitting it in a couple of years from now smile

1. 0
      Adrienne Suzanneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Misha! smile

3. courtsantos profile image60
    courtsantosposted 8 years ago

I started using Google Adsense about four years ago and it has paid for my hosting and server fees. It has also made it easy for me work part time at my regular job and concentrate more doing fun things online. So yes, it does really work. I know some adsense gurus that are making it big just with adsense alone as a revenue generator.

My advise to you is concentrate more in creating the best hub pages filled with quality information first. Then after that place a few adsense on your page and give it time.

1. Inspirepub profile image89
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Actually, Adsense will be there from the beginning - HubPages puts it on for you. Just get an Adsense ID and paste it into your HubPages Affiliate Settings box to make sure you benefit from it.