jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How Do They Match The Ads to Your Hub

1. raisingme profile image88
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

Just asking, I just started here.  I posted a hub on a parenting topic and ended up with a meet sexy singles ad flickering right next to my post - kind of off putting.  If I were looking through that particular subject area I quite frankly wouldn't bother reading a hub that had that kind of ad associated with it.  The ad doesn't suit the content or context of my hub.  Just askin'big_smile

1. 0
      Audreveaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it takes a little while before the ads become matched to your keywords. Initially they just fill the space.

1. chinweike profile image50
        chinweikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I equally noticed that audrevea.

2. GarfieldGates profile image86
    GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago

Audrevea is correct.  It takes a bit of time for the google bots to "read" and analyze the content of your hub and come up with appropriate contextual ads.

At times the ads will also seem inappropriate in relation to the content based on your past browsing history - which is to say, Google will track and display ads that you are more likely to click based on past surfing habits and not necessarily based on the content of the web page.

1. raisingme profile image88
      raisingmeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that made me laugh big_smile not at you but at the fact that I haven't bought new underwear in who knows how long let along some sexy little number....oh dear....the likelihood of my having clicked on one of those is pretty slim...not impossible...as in oops my mouse slipped...but improbable.  I know this post goes under the heading "too much information" but it sure brightened up my day! 

Thank you both for your kind responses to my question.

3. willvanderberg profile image81
    willvanderbergposted 6 years ago

This has also been bothering me lately. Google ads on my own website in the same general subject are always much more targeted than the ones here in HubPages. And a LOT less distracting!

I wish HubPages would just go for the text ads themselves, they probably work better too and are a lot easier on the eyes.