jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I've posted 21 in 2 weeks since joined HP, can I 30/30 retrospectively

1. humagaia profile image70
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

Hi, I've just found this forum and thought that sticking with a challenge would be easier if it were monitored (ethereally) than if I just left it up to myself to monitor. When I joined HubPages 2 weeks ago I gave myself the challenge of completing a Hub each day. Now I am no great mathematician but I calculate that one Hub a day would give me 30 Hubs in 30 days.
    Then I found you. And it all fitted together. Now I can tell the world about the challenge I have set myself. I can also set myself up for a fall (fool?) if I fail my personal challenge.
    To date I have exceeded the 1 a day challenge. I always try to get ahead of my target just in case something untoward happens or I want to take the day off for some R&R.
    One a day is in itself challenging - to try to produce quality offerings - so I don't know how some guys are doing 100 in 30 days.
    The one thing I don't have is any problem coming up with ideas about what to write. The problem I had was to record the ideas somewhere where I could come back to them at a later date to see what one best suited my mood and temperament that day.
    I have been able to overcome that difficulty using HubPages. I am not sure if it is a unique solution but it woks for me.
    If anyone has a problem with inspiration you can just send me a message however you feel you want to, with a few details about yourself or a pointer to your HubPages and I can probably come up with a few possibilities without too much trouble. I don't have a problem giving out subjects as I have enough ideas to last me a lifetime on HubPages even at 30/30.
    The main question I have though is can I join and have my 21 hubs in 16 days included in my first challenge?

1. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

From what I've seen of how the 30/30 challenge works, yes you can do it rerospectively.
      It's not an official challenge - there's no prize for achieving it and no censorship for failing. Quite a few writers readily admit that they've failed at least one or two challenges. It's more a chance to feel part of a group of people all striving for the same self-set goal.
      However look at it this way. If you start at #1 for the challenge, in 30 days you'll have 30 hubs on TOP of whatever you have already published. That's 30 more chances to make money through adsense, amazon and if you have your own site, ebay.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can "count" them in the Challenge, but I'm not sure there's any point.

The Challenge is a personal challenge, not a contest. You decide your start date and declare it on this forum.  Then you get to work!  It's a motivational tool - as LarasMama says, there's no prize for achieving your goal, apart from personal satisfaction.

2. humagaia profile image70
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

OK I've completed my challenge to me. 30 hubs in just over 3 weeks. Scratch start almost up to 1,000 reads and a total of $2.30 adsense revenue. Now to getting down to more promotion. And to another 30/30.