jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

"Start a New Hub" has become invisible

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

With the all-black site heading, the "start a new Hub" button has become all but invisible - dark green against a black background.

There have been two posts by Hubbers in other threads who were lost and couldn't find where to start a new Hub.

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa. I didn't even know it was there! Why isn't it in white like the other links?

2. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I noticed that too.  At first I couldn't find it.  Now I know to look for the black space between all the other words that show up - and click on that.  lol

(Hey - I just looked, and it's at least showing up in green now for me.  Before, it was completely invisible.  The olive-green is new.  smile  )

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I agree it should be brightened up and made more noticeable.

The people designing HubPages, should consider usability first in their design. It's been that way for a while. And they've got to be way under 50, since they like such small print on black and gray.

3. Aya Katz profile image88
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

I keep wondering what the advantage is in constantly changing the look of Hubpages. It's not so much that one look is better and another is worse, for me, as that I think we lose in terms of accessibility if things don't stay consistent.

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, Aya. But there's a balance. HP probably needs to be "with" the times in order to increase its membership, but once it has its members, it's got an an obligation to usability for them. Changing graphics, layouts, and help logic doesn't do anything for the people who use this site to publish; doing so only makes the site less user-friendly.

4. jamestedmondson profile image77
    jamestedmondsonposted 6 years ago

This is a good point, and an easy fix.

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi James, Thank you for stopping by so promptly!

1. Lisa HW profile image83
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah - now I'm seeing that James must be responsible for the fact that I'm now seeing the green letters.  Thanks, James.

5. ysdata profile image60
    ysdataposted 6 years ago

I agree too.  the Start a new hub link to too dark with the black background.

6. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

hmmm, mine shows up as light and bright green. I use firefox

7. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

its also a lcd vs crt issue

8. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I don't know what is the use of dark background, white was just fine earlier.

working