jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Is it appropriate to click other hubber's ads?

1. LarasMama profile image61
    LarasMamaposted 6 years ago

Not with the sole intention of making them money of course... but if we are interested? And since we are also hubpages users, can we or them get in trouble from adsense?

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I discourage people from doing it because it's not worth the risk of how it MAY look to Google. Nothing advertised there is worth having my own account yanked or getting someone else's yanked.

1. profile image70
      logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So it against TOS to click another hubber's ad?  Thought it was just your own.
      Congrats on being elite!

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
        KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Logic, CommonSense..... I don't know all the in's and out's of what is and isn't consider click fraud and a violation of TOS, but I'm saying if I don't click on ANYTHING, then I know I'm safe.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Please don't smile

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If the other Hub user is one of your referrals, your ad codes will be running on their Hubs 10% of the time, so you run the risk of clicking on your own ads.

That danger and not wishing to appear as some other form of click fraud is where ad avoidance stems from.

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

It's also true to say that if it was encouraged to click other hubbers ads, you would get the forum cliques saying something like 'you click my ads and I'll click yours', which is fraud. Some company is paying for these ads hoping for sales. Why should they pay for this?
    I liked the reasoning of relache too, that makes sense.
    However, even if you have no referrals, it's better not to click anyone's ad, even if you are interested. Many ads give your their web address.It's safer to go straight there through whatever web browser you use.

1. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone - I wasn't really planning to, more just checking what the protocol was in case I ever was interested in an ad. Thanks smile

working