jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Did someone change the subject line of my forum thread?

1. Falsor Wing profile image84
    Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago

I could have sworn I made a sabbath joke... wtf?

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have you considered that your "joke" may have been offensive to some people?

Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Jews refrain from work on Saturday? no I didn't think that might be offensive...

2. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

Dont know. Sorry!  big_smile

3. N. Ramius profile image79
    N. Ramiusposted 7 years ago

Could have been moved to a different thread. Check your Hubtivity and find your forum post that way.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Falsor Wing, it was borderline. The title they replaced it with is much better.

I admit that I held my breath when I checked out your topic- and was greatly relieved when I read your post. There are people here of all kinds of backgrounds and experiences, and to some it might have been insulting or upsetting.

Generally unless your in the Politics or Religion forum, it's best to stay away from religious stuff or jokes.

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

While we're on the subject please don't mention pickled beets.  I find them highly offensive as well.  Thanks

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well don't read my Red Beet Ice Cream Recipe hub that I'm working on. As soon as I perfect the recipe I'll publish it!

Although it doesn't use picked beets, so maybe you'll be okay with it.

5. Urbane Chaos profile image87
    Urbane Chaosposted 7 years ago

Ok, seriously.. I'm offended.  I mean, what's going on here???

Nevermind.. I just wanted to yell at someone. big_smile

Still, no matter what's said, someone's going to be offended.  It's just the way of the world. I told someone that I wanted a white tv once - next thing I knew, I was being accused of being racist.  It's all good. big_smile

6. Falsor Wing profile image84
    Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago

So no mention of anything related to a religion unless its a thread about religion?

1. Norah Casey profile image67
      Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Some site users found the subject line offensive. Rather than bring down the thread, I altered the title. It is probably wise to steer clear of religious jokes in the future, particularly in subject lines.

Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm not complaining I'm just confused. did they mention whyit was offensive?

1. Norah Casey profile image67
          Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Basically they said the reasons I described. I think the topic line is more touchy for most people. If it is a popular thread and you find the joke offensive, it is hard to avoid if it is in the topic line. It doesn't compare with "Jew Lover" being painted with mud on my car a few years ago, but it wasn't my report. Everyone has a different perspective and that is a good thing! smile

7. profile image0
    seasoningposted 7 years ago

don't know, i am not offended tho

8. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 7 years ago

How very dare you! Jews are my best friends, penny for the jew, hommshalack breadcrumbs and all that stuffed bread pizza....you oughta be ashamed of yourself with jew jokes like that...ok I'm joking who cares, when we were created by aliens they made us laugh for a reason at jokes......praise allah and Jesus they are my drinking buddies!

1. mythbuster profile image84
      mythbusterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

waynet, have you ever been misunderstood when presenting joking statements in the forums??? (I think not) You are wonderful!

I've seen some other jokes get attack responses, but somehow, I've never seen that happen when you post...KUDOS - love your sense of haha!

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

MOOOOOseltufffff my shiksa friend

roll

lol

working