Copyrights. Paraphrasing. Plagarism. ...Citing Sources?

1. 0
    jaynap01posted 6 years ago

Im kinda blurred on when we are required to cite sources and when not. I know if I state a specific statistic that I am required to input and in-text citation. What do i do if i just give an "overview"? I wrote an article about Investing in CDs and MMAs, when I talk about the advantages and disadvanteges, do a source need to be stated?...I didnt copy and paste anything, nor went through and paraphrased each line. I browsed through other hubs on Finance and I didnt see any hubs with sources?

1. thranax profile image57
      thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Legally if you were directly making money off the sale of said thing you would be plagiarizing without a citation. Because you aren't making any money at all about your guide, im sure it will be fine. Not a lot of companies or people will sue someone unless it infringes money wise.

Its highly recommended to cite or give a source.

2. N. Ramius profile image82
    N. Ramiusposted 6 years ago

At the very least give credit if you quote someone or a passage.

Sources are not really needed most of the time if it is your own words and your not copying but they can help establish authority. For instance many people write about how to make money online but have no clue themselves and ask in the forum for help. As long as your information is accurate,the real question will be why should I believe what you say about CDs and MMAs.Of course I'm a skeptic about many things posted on the web.