jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Anyone up for an Antiques Hub creation competition?

1. humagaia profile image70
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

I note that there is no action in the Antique forum. As Antiques are a passion of mine I wondered if there was anyone on HubPages that has a similar passion.
    To get some more antiques related Hubs created, and hopefully increase activity and create some further interest I thought I would throw out a challenge to anyone interested in having a competition. Since we are on the Games category it seemed appropriate.
    I challenge all-comers to a competition to create the most Antiques-related quality hubs in a period defined by the challenger.
    If no one takes up my challenge then I have just wasted 10 minutes. Oh well, it was worth a try to get some activity going.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You didn't waste 10 minutes I bet some will write about antiques. I have a few but do not have any idea there value or worth. I also enjoy The Antique Roadshow etc. I will definitely have to check out your hubs. smile

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Do these types of hubs pay? I would write a few to get it started if they do.... but there is no way I could write enough to win the comp!

I would feel more inclined to get involved if I was an eBay affiliate.... seeing as you can't buy antiques on Amazon...

humagaiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Although I do place amazon ads and allow adsense ads on my articles and hope that one day they will pay off, I am here to write. I want to get my thought and loves down and out there in the world before I die.
      Not worth doing any writing if it's just for the money - you will be wasting your time.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Oh and no way did it take you 10 minutes to write that! It would take you a year to finish a hub tongue

It did take me 10 minutes to write the challenge. What did you think I took 10 minutes over?

4. chinweike profile image47
    chinweikeposted 7 years ago

I think i have a lying giant in that field of writing and would be willing to participate in the comp.

Tell me when you want to start and how long you want it to go on for. I'll pop back here to check your answer out and then catch you up.

working