jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Content Delivery Network

1. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Today we started moving some of our image serving to a content delivery network.  The basic idea of a CDN is to store copies of unchanging or rarely changing files at data centers all around the globe, and then deliver the files from the nearest location to the viewer.  This should reduce how long it takes to load pages especially for those of you that are far from our primary data center on the west coast of the United States.

For those of you that are overseas, I'm curious to know if you've noticed any difference.  Also, please let us know if you notice any new problems that seem like they may be related to this change.

2. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Gidday from Australia - I have had my download speed shaped for the last couple of days (Im out of quota for the month - it happens when you watch too much youtube!) I am actually very impressed with the optimisation of the way HP loads in FireFox  the images are a bit slow but they load last so it doesnt matter.  I don't notice any issues at normal ADSL speeds

3. rajkumar1983 profile image61
    rajkumar1983posted 8 years ago

Dera just check ur computer performance and permissions and quota.
    if u want more information pls reply

4. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 8 years ago

I live in New Zealand but have never experience any significant delays with HubPages loading. However if I see any speed increases I will let you know.

5. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

Loading of text or images is fine even in India. Hubs having plenty of images take a little more time than hubs with few images but its fine.

6. MM Del Rosario profile image81
    MM Del Rosarioposted 8 years ago

Greetings from Sydney.....I just checked my hubs that have most pictures on it and it loads faster than before. thanks for that.....MM

7. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Hi Paul, I have never really had a problem with the pictures loading on hubpages, only some videos but i give your new move a thumbs up particularly for those readers and users who have dial up............jimmy