jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

picture in forum thread

1. 0
    selrachposted 6 years ago

How do you add a picture to forum post?

1. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Isn't it something like...

[img]yourURLhere[/img]

?

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Click the "Formatting Tips" link at the bottom right of the window you type your message in and it will give you the format for putting one in.

You can get the location of an image to put between the brackets by right clicking on an online image and selecting the "properties" option on the menu.

I actually have an unpublished hub that I use as my "amusement" images place holder if it's an image on my hard drive that's not already online somewhere.  I upload image to that hub, then it has a hosted address.

Hope this helps.

1. cupid51 profile image50
        cupid51posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's really a fantastic idea of having an unpublished hub for storage of picture! Thanks for sharing your secret! lol

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it has to come from an online source, not your computer.  if you have something on your computer you want to post, post it first on flickr or some similar site, then follow the instructions under formatting tips

1. 0
        selrachposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks understand the problem now.I was trying to upload from my pictures on computer

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's a common error.  I really like shadesbreath's solution

2. 0
    selrachposted 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone how answered

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

In future, if you click on formatting tips at the bottom of the input field it will tell you how to do many things smile

working