jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Comments on the comments capsule

1. jstankevicz profile image83
    jstankeviczposted 9 years ago

Tis a good thing, but can get out of proportion. On my PC Tuneup Hub the comments now take up 2/3 of the page load. I'm not complaining because I love the feedback. The latest comment from compu-smart is huge. I didn't want to filter it out, but he could have made a hubpage out of it!
    I've seen other's hubpages where the comments roll on and on. Nice, but the tail wags the dog in some cases.

1-limit the number of characters in a comment to say, 300?
    2-display only the first 200 characters of any comment, with a more button to allow display of the full comment?
    3-allow the hubpage author some display control on the comments capsule, e.g., show the most recent 10, 20, all
    4-since you can have multiple comments capsule, possibly allow one to be stopped, and treated as an archive comments capsule and no more to be added, and start a new comments capsule. Allow the archive to be displayed as a separate page load for those interested.

Regards, Jack

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

Jack, Thanks for the suggestion.  We've noticed that as well.  You've outlined some elegant solutions that we'll add to the queue to do.  Thanks again.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Please don't limit the comments to 300. That's not a lot at all.

I don't think it should be a huge limit, but if someone wants to add content to my hub I'm all for it.

I'd love for someone like compu-smart to come along and add original and unique content to my hubs. That hub has just improved its (already excellent) chances for some good keyword indexing.

Fantastic hub by the way. I can see why it's got a HubScore of 100.

I've bookmarked it for future reference (which means I'll be reading it in it's entirety next week after I have survived the busiest week of my life).

4. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

Ill keep this comment short n sweet.

Ooops and apologies..