jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Backlinks

1. Jai Warren profile image82
    Jai Warrenposted 7 years ago

Is it possible to lose a backlink? I just noticed in my Hub stats that I've lost some incoming links.

1. milynch43 profile image79
      milynch43posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes. The link may have been replaced or the post linking to it removed. I think that is normal. I see it all the time on my site. The back-link numbers fluctuate.

2. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

Yes,any time you may lose back link.its better to keep building back links always.

3. Jai Warren profile image82

Thanks for the info, will just have to keep backlinking!

4. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Yes you can lose links, and remmeber that the hub stats tool doesnt count backlinks, it merely gives you an indication on your backlinks in a 5 star ratings system!

5. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

i lost my backlinks too and it is on my hub that has the most traffic. Traffic is still increasing but funny I too noticed last night that it no longer has any back links when last time i looked it had like 4  . .whats up with that?? And all the traffic (well most of it) comes from outside Hubpages.

6. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

hopefully you are checking your backlinks with a more precise tool than hubstats

site explorer is rather easy and still pretty accepted

or the link command in google

link:www.yourUrl.com or link:http://www.yourUrl.com

1. Jai Warren profile image82
      Jai Warrenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is that true that Hubstats is only a rating system? Kind of the strength of your backlinking efforts. Sunforged, I not familiar with your suggestions, would you be kind enough to elaborate. Thanks smile

7. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

sure:

yes: hubstats is just a 1-5 star general quick glance type of metric - one star DOES NOT equal one backlink

Yahoo site explorer checks backlinks - type yahoo site explorer into google and you will see what i mean

The link command is an operator for google search, you literally type what I posted into the google search with 'youurl" replaced with your own

the results that google posts will be sites that link to "yoururl"

1. MyWebs profile image85
      MyWebsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Unless your web page has higher PR value backlinks the Google link:www.example.com command won't show any of them.

I like Yahoo's site explorer much better than using Google's operator. Or Google's Webmaster Tools, but unfortunately we can't use that with hubs.

8. Jai Warren profile image82

Thanks Guys. I appreciate your help and expertise. It just proves the Hub community is the BEST!

working