jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

It's A Happy Day When Your Hub Goes Totally Viral

1. doodlebugs profile image81
    doodlebugsposted 6 years ago

On this past Earth Day, my Hub <URL snipped> went totally viral with over 8000 hits the first day, 6000 the next and gradually dwindling down to 1000 huts a day by the end of the week.
    I sold over 100 of the dual flush retrofit kits on Amazon, which from my estimate will save over 54,000 gallons of water in a year. It's nice to make a few bucks but it feels even better to help make a difference to the environment by writing about a product that I know first hand saves tons of water. Thanks Hubpages for the great site and the opportunity for this kind of thing to happen. Hopefully it will again, but if it never does it was very fun while it lasted.

1. lawretta profile image51
      lawrettaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

cool, congratulations man!

2. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 6 years ago

Hey congrats doodlebugs.  Now, I've got to go over and read and rate it. smile smile smile

3. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 6 years ago

Congrats on that! smile

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Congratulations on the traffic, that is not exactly what viral marketting is though wink

Viral marketting is when you post something like a video or a game with your website watermarked on it, which ends up on a load of websites and being sent to everyone via e-mail.

It is still a really great achievemnt though, and I would strongly advise you to make the most of the opportunity, create a few more in linking hubs to it, think of a few related products and link out to them, and figure out as many ways as possible to make it easy for your traffic to spend money!

5. Money Glitch profile image89
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

Congrats,doodlebug! Good info to save water and money with water bills going up. I just fanned ya! You only need 1 or 2 more followers to hit the 300 milestone.  smile big_smile