jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Screenshots

1. Kat07 profile image68
    Kat07posted 9 years ago

How to add a screenshot as a picture on hubpages?

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I was put onto http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/ that enables you to save a screen shot. It is a free download and very easy to use.

You save the screen shot to a file the software generates and when you go to edit page of your hub there is an upload link in the images capsule. Browse your hard drive for the print screen file and it will upload the image of your saved screenshot. Save the file as a jpeg on your hd though and possibly compress the picture so it loads faster.

Hope this all helps.

2. MM Del Rosario profile image81
    MM Del Rosarioposted 9 years ago

I would like to know how to do it too.....

3. Inspirepub profile image82
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

That's how I made my RSS Hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Use-An-RSS-Feed

All screenshots.

If you would like me to make a Hub like the RSS one about using screenshots in Hubs, make a request and I will answer it.

The short version is "use the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard to save the screen image to your clipboard, then go into an image editing program like Photoshop, open a new (blank) document, and select PASTE. Then save it as a .jpg, and upload it as normal into a photo capsule."

Jenny

4. Whitney05 profile image61
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Use the Print Screen button and paste into Photoshop or Paint or whatever image program you use. Save and upload to HP.

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That's how I did it.

And seeing that the information on the screenshot wasn't important I skewed it and presented it in a more creative way. Check out my hub on Table Of Contents.

2. Kat07 profile image68
      Kat07posted 9 years ago in reply to this

That's what I tried yesterday, and the image ended up only showing in the upper left-hand corner of the whole image square.  It was a less-than-ideal presentation, and shrunk so much that I could not even discern what it was!

5. Inspirepub profile image82
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

In Photoshop, you can crop off any excess white and resize the image to any size you want before saving it.

1. Kat07 profile image68
      Kat07posted 9 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like the problem really is that I don't have Photoshop!

working