jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Misspelled URL

1. Dense profile image67
    Denseposted 6 years ago

I have one article which is an embarassment to me:
    ... coz I have misspelt "quickly" and didn't spot the mistake for 6 months. big_smile
    Only discovered that last week (my eye sight is not so good). big_smile
    Question is: Can a kind admin add in the "l" for me? big_smile Please!

I really don't feel like deleting it and starting over. -_-
    Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum/place.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi dense. If you find it embarrassing just start a new url correctly spelt and go to edit on your old hub, cut and paste the contents into the new one is the way to go! smile

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
        Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I did the same thing on one of my Hubs. I don't really think there is any other way of doing it.

2. andromida profile image75
        andromidaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Once,I did so-very useful advice.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When HubPages says that a URL can't be changed once it is created, they mean it.

1. MyWebs profile image83
        MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can't? Sure they could IF they wanted to change it. Anything in a database can be changed besides the unique ID which should never change.

But it is probably more trouble than it's worth. Digging around a database with hundreds of thousands of rows to change one character isn't much fun. Then again the right query makes it quite easy to find the correct row.

The proper word would be "Won't" as in "We won't change a URL.". "We can't change a URL" is a lie.

3. Super Chef profile image65
      Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As long as the title of your article is fine, it wont really make a difference. Why transfer it to a new article when your current article will be aging away nicely and will have more traffic than creating a new article just for the sake of a misspelt URL. I suggest just sticking with the old one not many people really pay attention to the URL anyway, they concentrate on your article description more than anything.

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Been there.  Done that.  Probably will be there again.  It's the down side of drinking and hubbing.  (sigh) 

Like everyone else said: copy it over to a new one.

1. Dense profile image67
      Denseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

TQ for the answers everybody. smile Does that mean I'll have to "grow" my hubscore and google links all over again?