jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Cannot add photoes to hubs

1. Dobson profile image83
    Dobsonposted 7 years ago

As of yesterday I cannot add photos to any of my hubs. After dsignating the place to upload from I hit the uplaod images button and the little uploading wheel spoins endlessly. I have been able to upload as recently as the first of this week, so this seems to be a new issue. The file size is about 1.6 MB, so that should not be the issue.

1. Norah Casey profile image79
      Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What browser/operating system are you using? We've been having an ongoing issue with IE8, not sure if your issue is related to that bug.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
        Jayne Lancerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I had this problem (among others) with IE8, but it's solved since I started using Firefox.

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Try rebooting your computer. If that doesn't solve the issue, it could be that you internet access has slowed down? Unless other people report the same error, it is unlikely to be a fault on Hubpages side.

3. profile image0
    selrachposted 7 years ago

Has happened to me also just keeps spinning away merrily.
    I left for awhile tried again later and it was okay.

4. sandiegojoey profile image60
    sandiegojoeyposted 7 years ago

I'm having the same problem, and speed is not an issue.  I don't want to change browsers, so there has to be another solution.....  I keep getting the following error.....
    Unknown file type JPEG File. Please upload a jpeg, gif, or png image file

1. Norah Casey profile image79
      Norah Caseyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What browser and operating system are you using?

2. Dobson profile image83
      Dobsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i was experiencing the same, but now it uploads without issues.

5. humanmade profile image61
    humanmadeposted 7 years ago

On IE, try the 'Compatibility View' button next to the address bar. Used to have this problem for the past three weeks, clicking the 'Compatibility View' button was one of the things I did, things are ok now, But I cannot tell, if it was fixed solely by doing this.

working