There must be a better way and I think I found it.

1. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Over the years the internet has evolved through different strategies to get a good search engine ranking. Such as hundreds of links once made your site first in the serps and now it seems good quality backlinks does the trick. Good quality content and keyword density also seems to be the flavour of the month.

So everyone is now chasing the holy grail of back links. They write articles, build link wheels, backlink using packets, social bookmark and forum profile link.

I am guilty of all the above.

I thought I would do an experiment and do everything opposite to this. I did nothing along these lines and did everything quite the opposite. I believe if everyone is doing the same thing, then it is that odd site that does something different that will achieve.

What I did was I linked out to other sites in my posts and blogroll. I built no links and update my blog six times a day. I have purposely made my blog look like a blog that is there for my interest only without chasing positioning.

So far it has worked!   Anyone else got some ideas that is totally opposite?   

There must be something we are missing. Not everyone can do the same thing and get the same results.

There must be something else..

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually know a few people who do this with moderate success that rarely make it in to the top ten of Google though.