jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

PLACING ADS ON SITE

1. JY3502 profile image78
    JY3502posted 6 years ago

I HAVE READ ALL THE ARTICLES CONCERNING PUTTING AN AD ON YOUR PAGE.  I MUST BE STUPID BECAUSE THEY ALL SHOW UP IN HTML.  I CAN GET THE CODE.  CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP WALK THROUGH?  A LINK I CAN DO WITH THE URL.  IT'S THE AD CODES I'M STUCK ON.

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image78
      Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago in reply to this

An ad or a link to an add?

1. JY3502 profile image78
        JY3502posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'M TRYING TO  PUT AN AD IN.  I'VE BEEN TOLD TO GO TO A HUB, CLICK ON A TEXT CAPSULE (OR ADD A TEXT CAPSULE...NOT SURE WHICH ONE THEY MEANT).  THEN CLICK ON HTML TAB AT LEFT CORNER, ADD CODE, THEN PRESS SAVE.  IT STILL COMES OUT IN HTML CODE.  DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE BEFORE IT WILL CHANGE?  OR, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?  IT SAYS ALSO ON THE HTML BOX "CLEAN UP CODE" AND UPDATE TO EDITOR.  THE CLEANUP WILL USUALLY ERASE IT IF I THEN HIT  UPDATE TO EDITOR.  WOULD USING WINDOWS 7 HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH IT?

2. JY3502 profile image78
        JY3502posted 6 years ago in reply to this

BACK AGAIN.  I AM SIGNED UP FOR AMAZON ALSO.  THE AD I'M TRYING TO PUT IN IS ONE OF THERE'S.  WOULD THAT NEGATE THE PROCESS?

1. Super Chef profile image60
          Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello again JY3502, when you click on edit for the hub in question, on the right hand side is an area where you can add various capsules to your hub. Click on the Amazon one and a green text box should appear stating "added capsule below". Come down the page and click on edit on the Amazon capsule, then enter the URL of the item you are trying to promote or enter keywords instead, then click on save. This is the only way you can add an Amazon ad into your hubs. hope this helps.

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are talking about Adsense, this you will do by signing up for that program. You will then get an affiliate ID, which you must enter. The ads are already there, only now 60% of the impressions will be credited to you. You do not paste any code into your hubs, it all happens automatically in the background.

You do not get to decide what ads appear. If you sign up for Amazon, you will also give HubPages your affiliate ID, then put capsules into your hubs to get the Amazon ads to start displaying. Again, there is no code for you to enter.

3. Super Chef profile image60
      Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi there JY3502, visit this link for step by step guidance on how to set up Adsense http://hubpages.com/help/googleadsense hope this helps!!!

working