jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

utube music hubs

1. barranca profile image78
    barrancaposted 8 years ago

I recently had a hub flagged as substandard.  It was basically just a youtube music video of one my favorite musicians.  I occasionally put up such a hub just to share the joy.  But evidently the powers that be would prefer chocolate chip cookie recipes.  I have been deleting my music hubs but leaving the few that get lots of hits including one averages about 100 hits per day and is about the third listed on a google page......I assume it is not "substandard'?

2. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

If it's been marked as substandard then you need to add more content most likely a descriptive paragraph that explains more in depth about your music video... or something along these lines.

3. barranca profile image78

It had a few sentences, a link out and a photograph.

4. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Try and add more relevant content relating to the video, that should help, then ask for a review or click the review link and it should get reviewed!

5. barranca profile image78

I had about 20 hubs almost just like it.  It is simply not worth the effort.  So disappear music.

6. barranca profile image78

I happened to browse the Topics thread "Music" .  It seemed to me that it was dedicated to Hot Christina Aguilera Pics or some such.  At least I was posting real music.

7. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

HubPages are designed to have words about whatever the topic is.

YouTube already has the ability to show videos with a paragraph description, so HubPages has different rules to make it different from YouTube.

A bare minimum is 300 words. 600-1000 words is better. Flagship Hubs have 2500 words, but if you main point is "here's a great video" then you won't want to write that much.

Bottom line: HubPages rules are designed to produce WORDS.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Comparing your hubs to others that don't have text and are just picture hubs does not help you. I'm sure at one time or another they will also get flagged. You (and all of us) have to concentrate on publishing good quality hubs.

Thanks for the advice, Inspirepub. I am trying to get my hubs to be longer. As a rule, I tend to write to the point and really have to eke out extra words. Getting to 400 is sometimes a task for me and most of my hubs are under that.

9. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I've played around with making "lyrics hubs" and most did not perform as I had hoped. It was an experiment. As I had published "lyrics lenses" elsewhere and they've been pulling in some interesting traffic numbers, between 10 and 200 visitors per page per week.

I do have two that I've kept at HubPages, because they did perform better than the rest in terms of getting traffic, but maybe that's because I injected them with some original content.

They had previously tripped the duplicate filter early but both now have an an exception to the HubPages duplicate content penalty.

Maybe they just slipped through by the skin of their teeth, if so then I'd use it as a benchmark as to the lowest standard allowed at HubPages: