jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Choosing own AdSense and Amazon ads

1. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

Yesterday I went to a website and saw a Google ad that I like and desire for my website. At another website I saw an Amazon ad that I felt would go well with the hub I was researching. I completed the hub. But when I went to the Amazon capsule and put I keywords, I got no results. Well, I tried a variety of keywords until I had to quit and get ready for work.

Sometimes I see two similar ads alongside my hub in different sizes from the same company and wonder about it. My opinion is that I can fill the space with a different ad. Are hubbers allowed to choose their ads and their placement? Is there a hub on how this is done?

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Just go to amazon.com and do a search for the product, then add in to the Amazon hub either the product's code or URL, either works.

3. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Izzy is right about the Amazon ads.

As far as I know your Google Adsense ads here are controlled by the keywords and subject of your hub. You can on your account (Adsense) filter out some types of ads. but not select the ones you want.

Not even sure that the filter out applies to the HubPages percentage of ads. that appear on your hubs or just to your percentage.

4. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Yes I didn't read the question right. I didn't notice till afterwards that adsense was mentioned too. I think even with filters in place ALL types of ads show  during hubpages percentage of time. You have no control over these adverts, except by keyword use throughout the text of the hub, and even that is not guaranteed to get you the ads you want.

5. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

On Amazon, find the page of the product you want.  Find the unique ASIN number.  Go to the capsule entry on your hub and enter this ASIN.  Presto, the product link shows.  On Amazon, I don't like to use keywords.  I think it is easier to find ones you like and add them.

As far as Adsense and what I mentioned earlier on another thread, I wrote a hub about Elizabeth Arden perfumes, and what I desired for an ad (the large graphic ads for E. Arden) appeared on my page as the first Adsense ad.  If you see an ad you like on some web page, you can go to the Adsense Keyword Tool, choose "Website Content", then enter the URL of the page you are interested in analyzing, and then click "Get keyword ideas."  The keyword tool will display keywords that were used, or potentially could be used, for the content on that page.  No guarantee you'll get the ads you liked when writing a product-centered hub, but it worked for me once already.

For Adsense, remember, it can take a number of hours for the correct targeted ads to appear.  And when HubPages impressions are showing, not yours, it might not be exactly the same ads as yours.

6. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the knowledge and insight. i appreciate it and will apply the information.