jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How does one correct misinformation relating to hub/hubID on web?

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

I revised a hub and decided to check for it in the unrevised form on the web. I found it but the link led to my profile. Strangely enough, it is in the category poetry; but it was not listed under poetry. In fact, it was not listed at all!I looked.

Directly under the web listing was another containing the word snobby in its title. It had my hub title and hubpage ID/pen name in the article summary. However, the link led to a hub by Jeremeo.Obviously, there was an error. I found this on Bing as my computer pulls up Bing faster than Google or Ask. When I checked Google the listing seemed fine; but when I checked again,it seemed confuddled.maybe Ask got it wrong.

I would appreciate any advice, comment and help.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Web searches will return Hubs where your Hubs are linked in the "related" box, which we all know sometimes lists Hubs that are not all that well related.

1. aoiffe379 profile image60
      aoiffe379posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tthanks for providing some insight.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Relache is right.  One tip - if you're finding that "related Hubs" are very unrelated, take a look at your tags. 

Related Hubs are chosen based on your tags. Sometimes you'll find you've included some tags which are too vague or have more than one interpretation.  Fix or remove them and you'll find your Related Hub list will usually improve.

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

relache is always right. smile

Thank you Marisa, I learn from your many helpful posts too. smile
        I will go and make the necessary changes to my tags. I did not know how to do this before your post even after 2 years here! lol
        Thanks for the great question aoiffe379. smile