jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

First hub has score of 50

1. spiderlily profile image84
    spiderlilyposted 6 years ago

I just published my first hub today and it's score is only 50. I thought it would rank higher because I added lots of text, pictures, links, a poll. Basically I put a lot of effort in it. What needs to be fixed?

1. Anti-Matter profile image61
      Anti-Matterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm also new, but from what I've read you need to give it time and the scores will change multiple times a day.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You've been a site member for five hours and wrote a Hub right off the bat and hit publish on it right away.  That's what happens in that scenario. 

As the site algorithm works on it, it will go up or down in score.  It won't "settle" into it's operative range for a few days yet.  And remember, HubScores are designed to fluctuate, they are never fixed.

3. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubs normally start out at 50 or a litle above but there is a little trick if you let it sit for a day or two the score generally moves up a little higher. Don't fret just keep on writing! smile

1. Polly C profile image87
        Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, my hubs usually start out at about 75 - but that is only because I usually only add little bits here and there due to lack of time so by the time I publish it I have already viewed it sometimes 40 times! Sounds silly I know but I start them off with sometimes only a paragraph and save them unpublished for days. It doesn't really make any difference to the end score, though, I don't believe.

2. DevLin profile image60
    DevLinposted 6 years ago

All hubs publish at 50. they move from there, according to those that rate them.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Most of us start at 50, sometimes lower.
    Anti-Matter is right. Give it time.  Your hub looks very interesting and after, a quick glance, I would say it will get lots of readers.
    Try to remember that the numbers will vary a lot, but they do not have as much significance as you may think.
    Welcome to HubPages.

4. myownworld profile image78
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

Just read your hub and commented on it! Very interesting and a great first hub! Don't worry about the score; it will rise slowly. Welcome here smile