jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

"duplicate" on my articles

1. LewSethics profile image60
    LewSethicsposted 6 years ago

Hi, I just started here in hubs, and I posted two articles that are marked with a red "duplicate" in my account.
    I wrote those articles, but I did post them at another site, once upon a time.
    Is that the problem, or does "duplicate" mean something else?
    So, the question is, am I not allowed to post my own work here if it was posted somewhere else before?
    What are the guidelines for that?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this
        LewSethicsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you

2. Super Chef profile image60
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

you are allowed to post your work that you previously submitted to another site. However you will incurr a hub score penalty for this and of course is marked duplicate. You have two options here you can either go to the other site where you posted these articles originally and delete them, or you can edit your two hubs here and rewrite the content so it differs from the previous articles. If you are here to monetize your work I would suggest the first option as google frowns upon duplicate content and wont rank your work so highly. Hope this helps!!!

LewSethicsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you

1. Super Chef profile image60
        Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are very welcome!!!! smile

3. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

If you have administrative access to the website that hosts the original articles then just deleting might not be the best solution.

If you want to move the article to HubPages for better monetization, setting up a 301 redirect from the old page to your hub will pass over the benefits from any backlines that already point to the original page.

If the article would still be useful to the readers of the site where the article was originally posted, use the canonical tag to tell search engines that the HubPages version is the one that should be indexed. This will allow the article to exist in both places without penalty and  will pass any benefit on to your hub that the original has acquired over time.

working