jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Question about posting my url.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago

I posted a story somewhere and the keepers of the site (Ezine) said my link or url link (something to that effect) was broken.  I had posted the address as a copy/paste from my address bar at the top when the article on hubpages was up -- so the link to that story.  Should I have posted it to my profile page's address at the top of the page instead?

1. LarasMama profile image59
      LarasMamaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you copy it as soon as it was published? I know there is usually a ?done on the end of the url when you publish it. Maybe try giving them the short address listed in the hub stats?

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I'll try to look to see what you mean.  Thanks.

2. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

You link may also be missing a http:// . If that isn't it it is most likely the ?done at the end of the url.

If none of that is the case tell me the "title only" of the hub your tying to get the Url of.

~thranax~

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If there is a ? on an url, does one just wait and it disappears? Just curious.

(New subject): I've checked into the Ezine article thing they sent me back and I see that I must have had a former title for it.  I originally (temporarily) must have titled it on Hubpages as He Needed a Home.  But then at some point I changed it to Our Homeless Friend is Gone.  Do I maybe just need to change the title to the original so that it will work?

1. thranax profile image50
        thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There shouldn't be a ? mark in the URL unless you made it yourself in there when you made the hub.

Change the title might help with ezine, i dont use ezine so I cant tell you that much, im just helping with url formatting.

~thranax~

working