jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

SERP is First Page But No Visitors

1. elqalatawy profile image74
    elqalatawyposted 6 years ago

Type in Google the phrase - hoover steamvac f5914 - and look in the first page of SERPs after the shopping results and Amazon.com, you will find my hub in the second position. It is there for 2 days now.

The phrase is searched for 90,500 times/month according to Google Adwords Keyword Tool, all what it has received now is 4 visitors from Google, and it is published on 4/30/10.

Any explanations?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi elqalatawy - I don't see your hub on the first page of serps for that term on google.com. I'm guessing that you are getting preferential results based on what pages you've been on previously. Google likes to customize searches for each individual, so to get a "real" search result you'll need to go into your google settings and uncheck everything that relates to saving search info and also ensure that you're signed out of your google account.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image84
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

Search Volume shown in the Adwords tool is based on ad impressions per search term which is meaningless when compared to organic results. For example an ad for hoover steamvac f5914 will also show for ยดhoover steamvac or even f5914. These are terms that you do not rank for organically and why the Adwords tool shows figures that are much higher than you are likely to achieve. GA will give you a better idea of the traffic you are getting from this term.

Other than keyword suggestion the Adwords tool has no practical use in calculating how many organic visitors a hub will realize, how competitive a keyword is organically or how much you are likely to earn for a click.

3. elqalatawy profile image74
    elqalatawyposted 6 years ago

Susana S, Peter Hoggan,
    Thank you both!

4. BristolBoy profile image81
    BristolBoyposted 6 years ago

The first reference to Hubpages for that term I have is at page 164, but it appears to be a different hub on this product - not yours.  There are however a large number of sites such as Xomba, Folkd etc ahead of this term which have been added in the last couple of days - if it is you then you might see some good traffic!

1. elqalatawy profile image74
      elqalatawyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi BristolBoy,
      Thank you for participation.
      It is as Susana S guessed that I did not sign out when checking the results.
      The folkd reference  to my hub is 31 right now, and my original hub is 49, too far to get visitors.
      Thanks again.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Use scroogle.org to check your ranking.