jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Reacting to Negative comments

1. warchild75 profile image48
    warchild75posted 6 years ago

I have doen a series of hubs on a specific computer game and they are doing well,i am getting roughly 1500 views between them and over 100 comments on each one of people saying how i have helped them and how appreciative they are,then one fool comes on and points out a mistake i made and was quite derogatory,i stupidly gave him a telling off in so many words and now he has come back again,this time i have deleted his comments and ignored it.What is the best way to deal with this as it does get my blood boiling sometimes,just ignore it i suppose?

1. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

it is ok ..ones in while one would get such -ve comments . i personally dont delete them unless they have slang and so not proper to be shown on public forum..-ve or +ve , they are comments from viewers..so accept them gracefully..they are viewers/users and so have right to say what they want to...

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't feed the trolls. 

Making the comment capsule settings such that only registered users can help, as then any abusive comments can be reported with just a click.  Otherwise, you are on your own if you allow open commentary.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

We will usually always meet a critic somewhere along the road and they can be quite obnoxious. Much as this sounds nuts, I would say, thank you for pointing this out and glad you took time to notice, etc. It's hard not to jump all over a person coming along who resents your fortune but best to handle it with a gentle rebuff wink hope that helps. For now, yes, all you can do is ignore him or let a comment through and point out his poor 'harassing' behavior, but do it nice. smile Keeps your own reputation intact.

3. 0
    Audreveaposted 6 years ago

It goes the other way as well. You can leave a friendly comment and be blasted by the owner of the article.  I think you just have to let that stuff go.

The good on hubpages outweighs the bad.

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

Let the negative comments go.  Some people just want to argue and it doesn't matter about what. If they see they have gotten under your skin it is exactly what they want. Don't give them the satisfaction.  Of course, every now and again a good, intelligent, sarcastic come back really hits the spot, but mostly they are probably too ignorant to even get it.  So just let it go and move on.  It's the best thing you can do for yourself.

1. michifus profile image86
      michifusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agree with what you are saying.

How about people who post just to get a link on your hubs to their (non-hubpages) sites? Should you let them stick as well? This has happened recently to me, with a run of negative comments from a non hubber criticising my content whilst using it as a way to popularise their own blogs.

I replied, and then decided to delete them after sleeping on it. Normally I would let positive and negative comments remain (unless offensive) but in this case I was in a quandary

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

If they are negative towards me or blatantly belittling or rude, I delete. If they contain cuss words, I delete. If they post links that aren't beneficial to the hub or their comment, I delete.

If they person keeps coming back, you can report them to HubPages by emailing them and providing them with the IP address. They may be able to look into it and block the IP.

6. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

I had a spate of Hubbers from Kentucky sabotaging my Hubs with comments longer than the Hub itself, attempting to prove everything I'd written in my Hubs as being wrong.
    Of course, the comments had to be deleted, and I now hide comments until approved, which I'd rather not have to do.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Stupid comments might be a lot of fun, why delete them? Let people enjoy them. And some people just lo-o-o-ve to be negative! Sunny weather- too hot! Rainy - too wet! Nice person - talks too much! Quiet - too dull and so on! Just forget it and enjoy your time with Hubpages and out.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
        Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, one of the comments was actually an article (as far as length is concerned) on how to turn a $3.00 suit into a $3000.00 suit. According to the Hubber in question, this would make it an 'Haute Couture suit'.
        Utterly ridiculous, of course, and I would have found it funny had it not been on MY Hub. No, it had no place there.

7. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

If they continue to harass you report it to team@hubpages.com they truly deal with those circumstances, you never allow someone to harass you it is rude and unacceptable.

8. warchild75 profile image48
    warchild75posted 6 years ago

Thanks people.no they are not harrasing me just got under my skin,so after thinking it through i just deleted all their comments and my replies,havent heard anything since so it seems he was just one of these annoying argumentitive forum guys who has no life outside of his bedroom.Thanks anyway smile

9. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Any press is good press.  Besides, it's fun to make morons look like... more of a moron.

10. 0
    Madame Xposted 6 years ago