jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

How do you Ping your HubPage Articles?

1. Alison Graham profile image92
    Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago

Hi, as you will see from my profile, I am new to HubPages, I am enjoying writing very much and reading other people's work and trying to improve.  I have been reading various articles about how to promote my own hubpages but am stumped by the term 'Ping your Hubs' - can anyone enlighten me or is it a subject, like Calculus that is destined, forever, to elude me?  Thank you.

2. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

It's best to ping your RSS feed url which can be found on your hubpage profile at sites like pingfeed.com or pingomatic.com and only ping sparingly...

1. sabrebIade profile image85
      sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree about the sparingly.
      My rule of thumb has always been to ping when I publish a Hub, then ping later if I make a change to the content.
      And by change I mean added something to the content, or a rewrite.
      Not just I added a tag.

3. Super Chef profile image65
    Super Chefposted 6 years ago

I agree with waynet, also you can ping it to pingates.com. If you look at this interesting hub by Mark Knowles he lists quite a lot of places where you can ping your rss feed. http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-money-on … e-rss-feed

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

To ping is almost like sending a alert out to other computers, in our case, prospective audience sites (?) to notify of new material. Use search and recommendations from other HP authors as it does help index your site and bring traffic. smile hope that helps.

5. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

I don't ping my hubs anymore,initially when I joined hubpages I used pingomatic.

6. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If you look at the list of sites Pingler and such update, it doesn't really give you a huge amount of leverage.

Just a quick note, for those of you who use wordpress (And I think blogger) you can actually just copy and paste lists such as pingler in to your admin to automate the pinging, the longer the list, the slower things go though!

7. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

I use a free service called pingler.com it will ping about 93 top ranking sites for you. On top of that try pingomatic.com

If you want some quick backlinks try onlywire.com

8. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I wrote the userguide for pingler tongue